By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Do you own a current gen system and don't play online at all?

I noticed that one of the main complaints about the wii,which is also one of the major things reviews focus on nowadays is the online aspect of gaming.I own a wii and have never played online in my life on any console.I don't know a single hardcore gamer in my country(I'm in Africa;f u want specifics,check my profile) that plays online.They only do that if they travel overseas & most just won't bother even after they travel.So all the noise that's made about online never bothers me.I could care less whether or not my game has online.I just want to know if it has local co-op/versus.Now that's jsut my country.Dunno bout yours.I started this thread to get an idea of what percentage of gamers don't ever play online.So only comment if u don't or u do but most people around u don't.

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/7530/gohansupersaiyan239du.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"> http://www.deviantart.com/download/109426596/Shippuden_Team_7_by_Tsubaki_chan.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"> http://image.hotdog.hu/_data/members0/772/1047772/images/kepek_illusztraciok/Bleach%2520-%2520Ishida%2520Uryuu%25201.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash">

3DS: tolu619

Wii U: FoyehBoys

Vita, PS3 and PS4: FoyehBoys

XBoxOne: Tolu619

Switch: Tolu619

Kugali - We publish comics from all across Africa and the diaspora, and we also push the boundaries of Augmented Reality storytelling. Check us out!

My thread for teaching VGC some Nigerian slangs

Around the Network

I own all the current gen systems, and 99% of my online gaming is on my 360. That is, until I can buy some good online games for the other systems.

Online gaming is amazing, you should try it

mM

Well its more like I don't have games to play online.
On my PS3, I only have LBP and on my Wii, I have Conduit and Brawl.

"And yet, I've realized that maybe living a "decent" life means you won't ever have a "good" life."

I never play online, LAN is so much more fun

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Around the Network

Recently playing Untold Legends: Dark Kingdom with a few good buds on PSN, and DAMN the game is alot more fun then i first gave it credit for.

In general unless you don't have wifi or whatever it would be fairly strange for someone not to play online at all since both PS3 and X360 are Geared towards online gaming most of the time.

Im not sure about wii... but there are some like MH3 and stuff.

In conclusion, Yes as far as i go, online gaming is a must now and days, without it, its sort of a letdown to some degree.

I play online, but only rarely. I find local multiplayer to be much more fun. Most of the time, I wouldn't even notice if you replaced online players with computer controlled bots.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

I do play online, but the main focus of my time is on single player. I spend much more time on Single player, even on more online focused games like First person shooters.

PSN- williwod

Remember, there are no stupid questions. Just stupid people- Mr Garrison

I use online for the Wii's online channels and updates and stuff.
And sometimes Mario Kart.

My friends NEVER use online. It's frusterating because I have no one to play with on Mario Kart or Animal Crossing. :(

I own a 360 and Wii, i barely do online gaming at all (less than 1% of my play time is online).

And out of those, about 75% is on Wii, 25% on 360.