By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 40Gb, On your list?

With all the hype of Christmas comming up Sony released their 40Gb version PS3 hoping it would boost up their sales.

At only 400$ it's looking pretty good but some features such as BC are missing which alot of people don't like. Here's my question who here will be getting one, I want to know if it's really gonna sell that well. 

You can count me in, especially with Ratchet and Clank Future Tools of Destruction comming out. 

Around the Network

Well, the loss of backwards compatibility is tragic, but considering I have the amazing ability of just plugging in my Playstation 2, I think I'll opt for the purchase.

@cool48

Your from GT.

40gb confirmed by target for $399.99 in the U.S

Will the U.S be sony's to take?

mM

No

carlos710 - Capitán Primero: Nintendo Defense Force

"Wii are legion, for Wii are many"

If it had BC I might consider getting one sometime after Christmas (saving up for a ring at the moment >_>) when some more games I want get released but without BC there's no chance in Hell I'll get it. My entertainment center is pretty crowded and I don't need to stuff a PS2 and PS3 in there.

Around the Network

No.  It'd have to be 60/80 with full backwards compatibility and a much lower price tag for me.

That... and the PS3 has no games I'm inclined to play... yet.

Without BC, I'd rather just keep playing my PS2. I'll opt for the original 60gb used, thank you.

Got a PS3 already.

But my brothers kid might end up with a 40gig under the tree.

No

got it already

but have 3 friends opting for though

ALTHOUGH I TOLD EM to go get the 60GB NOW...

Supporter of

SONY & Nintendo

Consoles owned - SNES, N64, PS, GC, PS2, PSP, PS3

I DO NOT support Xbox

My prediction for YEARS END:

WII - 18.3 Million

Xbox 360 - 15 Million

Playstation 3 - 8.5 Million