By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will PS3 outsell the Wii in Japan?!!! I THINK SO!!

Soundwave said:
I'm thinking

2 mill for FF13

3 mill for NSMB Wii

But FF13 will move more consoles.

You're too high on FF13, Famistus already predicted 1.5 million, so 2 million isn't happening, at best 1.6-1.7

3 million is low for Mario, considering the DS version sole over five million and is still selling.

Also 2d Mario is a much bigger hardware mover than Final fantasy

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Around the Network

Doubt it. I get the feeling NSMB is going to outsell Mario Kart Wii and in so doing boost hardware considerably. Also believe this game will be on the charts long after FFXIII leaves them.

Bet between Slimbeast and Arius Dion about Wii sales 2009:

If the Wii sells less than 20 million in 2009 (as defined by VGC sales between week ending 3d Jan 2009 to week ending 4th Jan 2010) Slimebeast wins and get to control Arius Dion's sig for 1 month.

If the Wii sells more than 20 million in 2009 (as defined above) Arius Dion wins and gets to control Slimebeast's sig for 1 month.

CGI-Quality said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:
Soundwave said:
I'm thinking

2 mill for FF13

3 mill for NSMB Wii

You're too high on FF13, Famistus already predicted 1.5 million, so 2 million isn't happening, at best 1.6-1.7

3 million is low for Mario, considering the DS version sole over five million and is still selling.

A prediction is not a guarantee of anything. What you've done here is speculate, just as Soundwave did, just as Famitsu did. Nothing more....

You're right its just predictions, but Famitsu has a very good track record, not to mention the trend in FF sales in Japan, and the small PS3 base support their prediction, FF12 sold 2.42 million on a much larger base in Japan, so the 1.5 million on PS3 sounds very reasonable for FF13 on the PS3, especially considering its also on the 360

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

CGI-Quality said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:
CGI-Quality said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:
Soundwave said:
I'm thinking

2 mill for FF13

3 mill for NSMB Wii

A prediction is not a guarantee of anything. What you've done here is speculate, just as Soundwave did, just as Famitsu did. Nothing more....

You're right its just predictions, but Famitsu has a very good track record, not to mention the trend in FF sales in Japan, and the small PS3 base support their prediction, FF12 sold 2.42 million on a much larger base in Japan, so the 1.5 million on PS3 sounds very reasonable for FF13 on the PS3, especially considering its also on the 360

In Japan, the 360 isn't receiving FFXIII. It's not only irrelevant, but inaccurate as well. Best to just wait and see...

Ah, my bad then, I thought it was worldwide on both consoles, still I'm sure Famitsu didn't make the same mistake I did, and the smaller base of the PS3 vs. the PS2 is still relevant

CGI-Quality said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:
CGI-Quality said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:
CGI-Quality said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:
Soundwave said:
I'm thinking

2 mill for FF13

3 mill for NSMB Wii

In Japan, the 360 isn't receiving FFXIII. It's not only irrelevant, but inaccurate as well. Best to just wait and see...

Ah, my bad then, I thought it was worldwide on both consoles, still I'm sure Famitsu didn't make the same mistake I did, and the smaller base of the PS3 vs. the PS2 is still relevant

Never said THAT wasn't. Regardless, nobody knows. It's a wait and see like I've been saying.

Actually you highlighted the part about PS2's larger base as well

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:
CGI-Quality said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:
CGI-Quality said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:
CGI-Quality said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:
Soundwave said:
I'm thinking

2 mill for FF13

3 mill for NSMB Wii

Never said THAT wasn't. Regardless, nobody knows. It's a wait and see like I've been saying.

Actually you highlighted the part about PS2's larger base as well

Look at the highlighted and READ again. The "relevance" was pertaining to what you said about the 360, not the PS2. Let's not be ridiculous here.

I'm not the one being ridiculous, you highlighted the entire section, including the part about FF12 selling only 2.42 million on the PS2, so of course I thought you had an issue with the entire thing, so I pointed it out, now if you made a mistake and highlighted the wrong section, well then ok, you should have just said that you made a mistake, but you never said that, so how am I supposed to know that you weren't referring to that as being irrelevant

Wii price cut and NSMB vs FFXIII and GT5 and Recent Price cut + remodelling

well PS3 should outsell Wii in japan about 10-20k for the coming to months.. so thats pretty much the half of the gap gone, FFXIII will do big numbers in Japan and so would a Wii Price cut, but I dont think GT5 or NSMB are major system sellers

Currently playing: MAG, Heavy Rain, Infamous

Getting Plat trophies for: Heavy Rain, Infamous, RE5,  Burnout and GOW collection once I get it.

gamelover2000 said:
Wii price cut and NSMB vs FFXIII and GT5 and Recent Price cut + remodelling

well PS3 should outsell Wii in japan about 10-20k for the coming to months.. so thats pretty much the half of the gap gone, FFXIII will do big numbers in Japan and so would a Wii Price cut, but I dont think GT5 or NSMB are major system sellers

NSMB on the DS was a big system seller, so have other 2D marios, why shouldn't NSMB Wii be a big seller?

Kind of misleading title, please remake with distinction on the "for 2009" in the thread title, as it states now many people will enter thinking overall.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000