By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Nintendomination at an end?

@fkusumot

Way to bring a thread back from the dead. Considering the market trends what I discussed in this thread has come to pass. Given what Sony is doing in Japan, and how well Microsoft is doing in North America. You can argue that the domination is long gone replaced by a competitive market.

Around the Network
Dodece said:
@fkusumot

Way to bring a thread back from the dead. Considering the market trends what I discussed in this thread has come to pass. Given what Sony is doing in Japan, and how well Microsoft is doing in North America. You can argue that the domination is long gone replaced by a competitive market.

Okay. We'll check back next month.

Nintendomination is here to stay - for now anyway.

All we are seeing is "expected" increases in sales of all devices due to the Xmas season.

The real challenge for MS & Sony is to stay competitive once the holiday season drops off. Ninty won't have too much of an issue (WiiFit hits US just after the new year, and Brawl hits worldwide end of Jan).

The DS is outselling the PSP (the NEW model) by a ridiculous level - around 4:1 at the moment. Software wise, its much much worse. I'm predicting next year will be the last for the PSP - its going to be the first one to fall.

And the Wii is selling out - it physically just can't sell any more units at the moment. Its roughly selling what the (360 + PS3) do combined.

Based on the current front page figures - the DS + Wii currently have 65% of the total hardware market. For one company (out of three) to have 2/3rds of the total market - that is pretty close to domination!

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Was this a necro post for comedy's sake?

fkusumot said:

Which will end first? Nintendomination or the HD-DVD thread?

nintendomination will continue for a long time

Around the Network
fkusumot said:
Dodece said:
@fkusumot

Okay, it's next month. How's NINTENDOMINATION doing?

fkusumot said:
fkusumot said:
Dodece said:
@fkusumot

I honestly thought he needed his eyes checked a month ago =P

To Each Man, Responsibility
Sqrl said:
fkusumot said:
fkusumot said:
Dodece said:
@fkusumot

Yes! I've been waiting for some more faintly damning praise of Sony, thinly veiled slurs against Nintendo and ambiguous praise of Microsoft out of Dodece. I would love to see the argument that the domination is long gone and has been replaced, if only because it might be a fun read.

lol, nice bump.

Bring some crow to this thread pleaxe

carlos710 - Capitán Primero: Nintendo Defense Force

"Wii are legion, for Wii are many"

fkusumot said:
Sqrl said:
fkusumot said:
fkusumot said:
Dodece said:
@fkusumot

Yes! I've been waiting for some more faintly damning praise of Sony, thinly veiled slurs against Nintendo and ambiguous praise of Microsoft out of Dodece. I would love to see the argument that the domination is long gone and has been replaced, if only because it might be a fun read.

We have sooooooooo much in common, thats just crazy.

To Each Man, Responsibility