By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Nintendomination at an end?

Here, try this:

The Wii is a fad. Just like the Hula Hoop or the Chia Pet. That doesn't mean that it won't sell and make trillions of dollars. It just means that it doesn't push forward gaming in any significant way. The great games of the near future will be driven by advances in physics, networking, and AI. Waggle is a fun distraction. It's like the 3D movie craze of the 1950's; cool technology that isn't good enough for general use. I have no doubt that motion control will eventually come back in a mature form versatile and precise enough to control any type of game...but for now it's just a novelty. Admit it: aren't you a bit tired of playing games with waggle already?

The only thing the Wii could do is cause another gaming crash. Ultimately gaming is a business, and developers will shift resources to take advantage of the Wii's success. The problem is, the soccer moms who are driving Wii sales may tire of it just as quickly as they found it, and Nintendo could end up burying piles of Wii Fit 2 in the desert.

Around the Network

That's way too long to fit in a square.

choirsoftheeye said:
Alright Chadius. We meet again, for the first time, for the last time. Lets do this.

*throws on some Arsis and pulls out dual Katanas*

*accidentally cuts off both his legs*

Shit.

A drink...to victory!

...Wait, is this the poison goblet or is the one I gave you- *drops dead*

There is no such thing as a console war. This is the first step to game design.

The Wii will probably win this gen, but not as much as the PS2 did.

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

Diomedes1976 said:
FishyJoe said:
Every day that Nintendo can lead without price drops is a victory for the business.

I would say that every day that Nintendo can lead without price drops is a victory for NINTENDO business ,and a loss for the industry and consumers .

Reasonings?

Numbers: Checker Players > Halo Players

Checkers Age and replayability > Halo Age and replayability

Therefore, Checkers > Halo

So, Checkers is a better game than Halo.

Around the Network
facher83 said:
Diomedes1976 said:
FishyJoe said:
Every day that Nintendo can lead without price drops is a victory for the business.

I would say that every day that Nintendo can lead without price drops is a victory for NINTENDO business ,and a loss for the industry and consumers .

Reasonings?

CuZ Wii IZ THA FAD AND NINTENDO evIL

Edit : nah don't know, want too know them 2

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

fkusumot wins the thread with the best post I've seen in ages here ;)

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

I'll try to get the whole board filled.

Lozl, stupid kiddy wii fanboyu. Whoo carees aboutt an oveerprice sytemz with bad games ? Stupid casulas tah hoo. Toshe frikuen casuls teh destroy indestre. Treh gamecubee hadd gooods sallles ass wel but turrne to ares. wut makkes u think wii is are teh diefferetn? Tohse peopple will gget borred of Wii sprtos and play teh awezorz gaames on teh PS360 when tehy come out. Tohse people donnt wanna paly ovreeprice carpy NeASS games or a gimmakc. Teh blueeray will teh dominaate third partyless nintendsuck. Beecuse itt is on teh ub3r teen year plaan and will teh are is teh are uber sell 1555500w36 a moonth annd killlzoen 2 qil deistroy Wii Fit, teeh sucky game . IIT also have bad onnline. Faac itt nintendrones, wehn PS3 get a teh teh is aer on teh are is price cuut, stuppd faad willl di beecuz patcher saysa Wii is teh fail becuz itt iz a cheep faad with sukku 3rd pirate saules anda iz jussgt a paarty macchine.

Lolz, nitendorones aree so stupidz0rzy. lol, lolz, rofl, lolzorz, lozenge.

How did I do?

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Should I be proud of what I unleashed. I assure the peanut gallery that is was not my intention to arouse such passions. I asked a simple question will Nintendo go back to the domination it had enjoyed for so many months, or is it over for good. Some people took this to mean Nintendo is going to lose or someone else is going to win. Not sure how they reached that conclusion I cited what I was talking about in my first post. I explicitly said multiples in reference to Nintendomination.

On the bright side a lot of posters have been very blunt with what they have said almost to the point of sheer arrogance. Some of them are going to end up very wrong, and with this thread having so many pages, and a memorable title I am sure this is going to end up being the bane of many a posters experience two or three months down the line.

facher83 said:
Diomedes1976 said:
FishyJoe said:

Reasonings?

I imagine the reasonings would look something like B1, B2, G1, I4, N4, O2, O4 from the Bingo board.  :)  But especially O2.