By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Nintendomination at an end?

This thread melted into hilarity a while back. Whenever the argument boils down to "these exclusives will beat these exclusives" the console warrrrrr is over.

What, exactly, is this thread about again?

There is no such thing as a console war. This is the first step to game design.

Around the Network

Diomedes' desperation is thick enough to cut with a knife. Prototype, "Pandora the Box"? I've never even heard of these games and they're being touted in such a poorly constructed (and typed) argument.

It's always sad when these threads devolve into list wars from the fanboys.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Chadius said:

Today?  naznatips making Diomedes1976 look like an idiot.

Tomorrow?  Chadius fighting choirsoftheeye to the death.

fkusumot said:

B

I

N

G

O

Nintendo is destroying the industry!

When PS60 get price cut, Wii is through.

Wii Fit!!????

Nintendo is abandoning the hardcore!

When this game comes out, THEN the PS360 will take off!

Nintendo not serious about online.

Wii is just a party machine.

Wii sells because it is cheap.

Pachter says…

Nintendo milks profit due to inferior hardware!

Gamecube started well at first too…

Wii is a fad!

FREE

LOL minigames!!1!

PS3 is on a ten year plan.

Wii is two Gamecube systems put together by duct tape!

Argh!!! Non-games!!!1!!!

Wii-mote is a gimmick.

Stupid casual gamers!

Only Nintendo games sell on Nintendo systems.

When HD adoption rate goes up, Wii is finished.

Who cares about Wii sales? All the real games are on PS60!

Where are the third parties? LOL!

VC is overpriced rom dump!

What happens when people get bored of Wii Sports

That is a damn classic! God! I got to have this in my post history in reply just to look back on in wonder.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!  

John Lucas 

Words from the Official VGChartz Idiot

WE ARE THE NATION...OF DOMINATION!

naznatips said:

NiGHTS is an 07 title. Again, don't talk about systems you know nothing about. In 2008 the Wii has these first party games announced: Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Mario Kart, Disaster: Day of Crisis, Kirby, Wii Fit, a Camelot RPG, Super Mario Stadium Baseball, and Wii Music. There are also numerous Wii Ware games announced or in Production such as Pokemon Farm and Doctor Mario. Third party games (that look good) that are announced include: Harvest Moon: Tree of Peace, Rune Factory Wii, Oboro Murasama, King's Story, Monster Lab, No More Heroes, Monster Hunter 3, We Love Golf, Civilization Revolution, Star Wars: Force Unleashed, Space Station Tycoon, Tales of Symphonia: KoR, Sword of Legendia, De Blob, Brave, Blocks, and Final Fantasy CC:TCB. There are also a lot of Wii Ware games announced, but I'm bored of listing games.

This is all on a system that was expected to flop and flop hard by 3rd parties. I don't think the Wii has the best 08 lineup, but the fact that it's even reasonably decent on a system that was doomed by every financial anlyst in existence before the generation started shows it's certainly not in trouble. We also haven't even hit the time of year when most game announcements are delivered (Q1 08). The DS had crappy 3rd party support for the first couple years too, but look at it now. Not to mention the Wii has yet to deliver any kind of pricedrop.

I just wanted to make a slight correction in your post ...

Historically E3 and TGS are the the big times when developers announce games which means a Q2/Q3 announcements ... Developers generally avoid announcing bigger games in Q3 and Q4 because they don't want to draw attention from their holiday releases though...

Around the Network

It's the biggest announcement period other than conventions Happy, and this year it was even more than during the conventions due to the death of E3 and a very tame TGS.

Wow you guys really go at it. 4 pages on which is better when the systems shouldn't be compared in the first place. We should be happy that they continue to sell and bring us all enjoyment. The three existing systems have 3 different fan bases that sometimes may overlap. but a person will always have that favorite system that they would play over the other. The WII, X-box 360, & PS3 are three different systems with one group in mind Gamers. Even then there is no reason why these 3 systems could not co exist. While the PS3 is the most powerul, Sony dropped the ball thinking everyone was ready for HD gaming we weren't. We have spoken loud and clear that we weren't ready with the fact that the PS2 Sold almost 14 mil this year. Which brings us to the 360, while not as strong as the PS3 it s very comparable. It has the power to bring ous HD gaming and Great graphics like the PS3. However it excells with it's On-Line gaming capability. This reason alone is why one game can shatter records that would normally held by motion pictures. People want to rush in and play with or against someone from the opposite coast. But tjis is when the Xbox has failed, It isn't international, Us Americans have gobbled it up and make it seem like it is king of the casttle, but that is just our American pride talking. Then we get to the WII, a system unlike the top 2. It doesn't have close to the power of the top 2. What it did have and still has is game play and price. Sure it is new and might get stale but the sales don't reflect that as of yet. This system is not trying to be better then the others because it can't, It is just bringing basic gaming back to the main stream. This should be applauded more then critczed upon as I have read here. The PS3 will end up on top one day because of its strengh and world wide appeal Plus it will grow as the HD market expands. The 360 will always be the American leader. As for the WII it will continue to sell, it never will bring us HD gaming but if it contiunes to give us games that we have a fun time then it will have a great lifetime. There is room for all three systems and will be for years to come so I don't know why there is such dislike tossed back and forth here.

Without games life would be boring!

Words Of Wisdom said:
Chadius said:

Today? naznatips making Diomedes1976 look like an idiot.

Tomorrow? Chadius fighting choirsoftheeye to the death.

Dimoedes1976 has an amazing ability to spin some facts and ignore others.

I did enjoy Dodece's redefinition of "Nintendomination" on page 2 though, which completely invalidates this thread, lol.

Hmm, I don't knowwho this choirsotheeye is but if WoW says so... 

*pulls out karate gi, turns on "top 10 training montage songs"*

There is no such thing as a console war. This is the first step to game design.

B

I

N

G

O

Nintendo is destroying the industry!

When PS60 get price cut, Wii is through.

Wii Fit!!????

Nintendo is abandoning the hardcore!

When this game comes out, THEN the PS360 will take off!

Nintendo not serious about online.

Wii is just a party machine.

Wii sells because it is cheap.

Pachter says…

Nintendo milks profit due to inferior hardware!

Gamecube started well at first too…

Wii is a fad!

FREE

LOL minigames!!1!

PS3 is on a ten year plan.

Wii is two Gamecube systems put together by duct tape!

Argh!!! Non-games!!!1!!!

Wii-mote is a gimmick.

Stupid casual gamers!

Only Nintendo games sell on Nintendo systems.

When HD adoption rate goes up, Wii is finished.

Who cares about Wii sales? All the real games are on PS60!

Where are the third parties? LOL!

VC is overpriced rom dump!

What happens when people get bored of Wii Sports

Damn, we are getting there but not quite a BINGO yet.  I think in this thread we might be able to go for blackout!

@Naznatips,

Be nice now, a lot of these guys are used to going unchallenged on this stuff because most people don't know the situation as well as you do.  So you are going to have to expect some backlash as he finds a new way to attack.  Personally I hope he goes for "When HD adoption rate goes up, Wii is finished." and "Pachter Says.."...but I just want my BINGO =P 

To Each Man, Responsibility

Alright Chadius. We meet again, for the first time, for the last time. Lets do this.

*throws on some Arsis and pulls out dual Katanas*

*accidentally cuts off both his legs*

Shit.