By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Nintendomination at an end?

JBCdeluxe said: any explanation why nov the 17th

Obviously, because it's two weeks after the release of Mario Galaxy in Japan, the exact week Mario Galaxy releases in America and Europe, and two weeks before Mario Galaxy releases in Australia. All clear now?

PS: I could further add that Wii Fit also releases two weeks after that in Japan, but I'm all tired now from writing the above, so... I just won't.

Reality has a Nintendo bias.
Around the Network

so leo, are you betting PS3 will outsell Wii for that one week....or are you betting that it will outsell the Wii weekly for every week after that date.

The second one you have no chance, even if the PS3 manages to make your insane number of double the Wii for the end of gen, the PS3 will have a hard time to do every week.
The first one can only happen if the Wii christmas supply is for some reason delayed untill after that date, and even then the Wii will still be at 200-250k at least, wheras PS3 will probably be just entering that range either the week ending 17th or the week before/after

haha, i didn't realise there was a new poll.....thats just silly, why anyone should be in any doubt as to which console will sell the most.(except johnlucas who is expecting near 8 million Wiis, which is what the DS should get)

i mean there are less people (in fact only 1) that think the PSP will outsell the 360/PS3

KruzeS said:
JBCdeluxe said: any explanation why nov the 17th

Obviously, because it's two weeks after the release of Mario Galaxy in Japan, the exact week Mario Galaxy releases in America and Europe, and two weeks before Mario Galaxy releases in Australia. All clear now?

PS: I could further add that Wii Fit also releases two weeks after that in Japan, but I'm all tired now from writing the above, so... I just won't.

jep that make sense - more than leo-j's post does

serious: the ps3 will not be the winner of the rest of the year wih pricecuts and bundles - softwaresales drive hardwaresales!!!

Well Wii hasn't unloaded any guns in about a month or 2 so no surprise it's sales have been down or constant. While 360 and PS3 have been unloading guns like nonstop. And yet they are barely able to sell the Wii out. So combine Holiday Season and Wii starts to unload some guns and I think we have a winning combination.

But only place where sales have been bad for Wii is Japan. Really I can't explain the decrease in sales. I mean at the exact same time DS sales dropped as well. Meaning maybe it's preparation for the holiday season. Doesn't mean its sold out but still limiting the number of units will percentage wise limit the number of sales.

But I still think NIntendo will dominate this holiday season. Have a huge game lineup to unload, and although the loss of Brawl is tragic, we still have Galaxy to release in America. Europe gets Corruption and Galaxy. And Japan gets Galaxy and Wii Fit. Now that's unloading some pretty large guns no matter which way you look at it. Not to mention from October to December in America Wii will be releasing close to 100 games. So I think Wii will be fine this holiday season.

Around the Network

Maybe I am looking at the chart wrong. Maybe my monitor is upside down............but if Nintendo is sinking into mediocrity, then what does it say about the 360 and the PS3. The Wii is outselling the other two consoles. 360 by 15000 and the PS3 by over 60,000 units. Microsoft just released Halo 3. PS3 just had yet another price drop. Seems to me that the Wii just took both of the other guys best shot and came out on top. I dunno. This is just something I observed looking at the chart. What do you all think?

All I know is, when I went to TRU yesterday, I asked the lady behind the counter about Wii sales, and she said they are still selling out, and customers are still lining up outside the door the morning they arrive. Given that I was buying 3 Wii games, there was no reason for her to BS me on this point (ie trying to push me into grabbing a console from them as soon as possible).

leo-j said:
superchunk said:
Leo-J I'll take that bet.

You claim that beginning in holidays of 2007 (Nov17-xmas) AND throughout 2008:
PS3 > Wii WW
PS3 > 360 WW.

I say no f*&king way.

All that is needed is one month for the Wii or 360 to beat the PS3.

So, terms. Week ban enforced by mods and avatar change for 1 months sounds good to me.

Wait. Lets get the bet straight.

I expect the ps3 to outsell the wii world wide total sales. Starting november 17th and no later than that date. If before then a miracle. The holidays will belong to the ps3 in world wdie sales totals. And then aftewards(not included in ban bet) it will do ps2 like numbers for 2008.

ok. So, if the Wii outsells the PS3 WW anytime between the week of Nov 17th and xmas I win, correct? Terms ok as well? 1 week ban and 1 month change in avatar?

bulletstopper said:
Maybe I am looking at the chart wrong. Maybe my monitor is upside down............but if Nintendo is sinking into mediocrity, then what does it say about the 360 and the PS3. The Wii is outselling the other two consoles. 360 by 15000 and the PS3 by over 60,000 units. Microsoft just released Halo 3. PS3 just had yet another price drop. Seems to me that the Wii just took both of the other guys best shot and came out on top. I dunno. This is just something I observed looking at the chart. What do you all think?

Yea that's basically what I said.  If Wii can take all teh bullets that 360 and PS3 are firing at it while not unloading any of its own bullets back and still come out on top in most weeks then what does that say about all 3 consoles.  One it says Wii is doing pretty damn good if it can survive all that.  And secondly its saying is there any really hope for PS3 and 360 if it can unload machine gun rounds constantly while Wii sits there and takes it and still have hardly any effect.  

I mean closing a gap is one thing but under these circumstances who should we actually be looking at with scared faces at.  I think it should be the PS3 and 360, not the Wii.  What happens to Ps3 and 360 when Wii Fit releases in Japan in early December.  Do they have a bullet proof vest to stop that.  What about when just holiday season overall comes for Wii in America and Europe and Nintenod increases the shipments for a console that is still sold out in those territories.  Do they have bullet proof vests for that.

You shouldn't be asking if Wii is dying.  Cause that's not happening as it survived and has a fully loaded gun.  You should be thinking what about the PS3 and 360 who have unloaded most if not all of their bullets and have little protection.

Superchunk- wow who wouldn't take that bet. It's almost a sure thing. I mean PS3 won't have enough shipments to sell, even if it does sellout, to outdo the Wii which is guaranteed to sellout. Leo your an idiot.