By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Demon's Souls=First AAA JRPG This Gen?

http://www.gamerankings.com/ps3/954345-demons-souls/index.html

Certainly looks like it. Go demons go! :D

Prediction:

TGS this year for PS3 will be amazing.

Grandia comes to PSN(PSone classic).

First Versus gameplay this year.

The Adventures Of Duane and Brando

Around the Network

LOL wtf!!!!!! a title that never had any hype and attention from media ever since it's announced not to mention it's niche game becomes one of the critical acclaimed title of 2009?......

Metacritic has it at 89 atm, with 13 votes. And Gamerankings at 90.92 based on 12 votes. So i think it will end up at about 87 because not all will like it.

i am rooting for this game!!. it looks really good. here is a new review!!.

http://www.gamingexcellence.com/ps3/games/2253/review.shtml

this game is getting really good reviews!!.

I don't understand, why didn't this game get any publicities.....at all??

Or are they so confident that it could be over 90 on meta so they kept a low profile on purpose just to wow everyone with the first AAA jrpg??(unlikely though)

Around the Network
iBlah said:

Or are they so confident that it could be over 90 on meta so they kept a low profile on purpose just to wow everyone with the first AAA jrpg??(unlikely though)

Because this was published by Atlus, who can advertise about as well as the other niche developers. :P

Prediction:

TGS this year for PS3 will be amazing.

Grandia comes to PSN(PSone classic).

First Versus gameplay this year.

The Adventures Of Duane and Brando

iBlah said:

i don't think JRPG's are popular in the West anymore.

Remember early reviews typically are the nicest. So no it will not be the first AAA title. Since it is usually downhill from here.

The crushing difficulty gives it almost no chance. Reviewers are pansies! lol

Skittles said:
iBlah said:

Because this was published by Atlus, who can advertise about as well as the other niche developers. :P

oh well, at least after the good reception in Japan it has some level of hype in the west. hope these reviews can convince more people give it a try.