By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii USB remote chargers

My Joytech charger has never had any problems plugs in to the Wii's power slot then plug the wii in the the back of the chargers plug.

Wii - 3348 5602 9364 2110

Mario Kart - 0474 1321 9262

Around the Network

Funny thing that this topic is made today since Nyko Remote Charger was reduced 33%. This would be a perfect time for anyone with a Wii to pick one of these up as they are in fact awesome.

Parokki said:
I've been using two sets of regular rechargable batteries with my Wii. At first they both worked well, then one pair started draining themselves in less than 6 hours, and finally both started doing it. I'm back to using nature-hating-non-rechargables until I figure out what to do...

This is quite common with old batteries. Typically rechargable batterries can last ~1000 charge cycles, or 1-2 years worth of use. I've been using the Energizer 2500mah for 1-2 years and they still work great, but the oldest ones are starting to drain faster.

The only problem i have is if i drain all 4 sets i can only charge 2 sets at a time.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

I turned the rumble off on mine (rumble is so last-gen :P ) and my standard AA batteries have lasted forever...

Phalanx said:
I turned the rumble off on mine (rumble is so last-gen :P ) and my standard AA batteries have lasted forever...

Yeah, I also turned off my rumble. Never cared for it, and now that the remotes are wireless it drains em faster.

Around the Network
nordlead said:
Parokki said:
I've been using two sets of regular rechargable batteries with my Wii. At first they both worked well, then one pair started draining themselves in less than 6 hours, and finally both started doing it. I'm back to using nature-hating-non-rechargables until I figure out what to do...

This is quite common with old batteries. Typically rechargable batterries can last ~1000 charge cycles, or 1-2 years worth of use. I've been using the Energizer 2500mah for 1-2 years and they still work great, but the oldest ones are starting to drain faster.

The only problem i have is if i drain all 4 sets i can only charge 2 sets at a time.

The weird thing is that they aren't old at all. Got them early this year, and they're supposed to be really high quality ones, so I suppose I just messed something up. =/ 

depends how much you have charged them up (and some batteries wont work well with certain chargers)
If you have not charged them many times, and definately have the right charger then i dunno,... what make are they? how much were they? and what mAh are they (more means they last longer....but i have some 800mAh that last longer than 10 hours on LoZTP, although if you leave them around for a week after charging they lose half the power....which is why i bought these Hybrio things because they said they dont do that. And it must be partly true because they come in the packet pre-charged.

some chargers will overcharge a battery, which can destroy the battery. Also letting the battery fully discharge before charging again extends the lifetime of the battery.

If your charger doesn't have protection for overcharging and leaking, and doesn't drain the battery before charging i would get a new one. I got the pack of 4 batteries with a decent charger for ~$15. I'm thinking about getting one that is capable of 8-12 batteries with all those features, but it can get expensive.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

If I can find a charger for $20 at a retailer, I'll definitely get it...I just couldn't bring myself to get it for $30 I guess.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

BenKenobi88 said:
If I can find a charger for $20 at a retailer, I'll definitely get it...I just couldn't bring myself to get it for $30 I guess.

twesterm said:
Funny thing that this topic is made today since Nyko Remote Charger was reduced 33%. This would be a perfect time for anyone with a Wii to pick one of these up as they are in fact awesome.

Suppose I should have put the price in there, but Amazon is selling the Nyko one for $20.