By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii USB remote chargers

I just bought a rechargeable dock for my wii from www.penguinunited.com.  I love the charger and not having to buy new batteries ever again.  I did read online however that these things can short out the usb ports on the wii.  So I got a USB to outlet converter and just plugged the thing in the wall.  Just curious if anyone knows anything on this.  I play my wii maybe 2-3 times a week and so the remotes are sitting on the charger for extended time.  They never are hot, so I do not think they are overheating or anything like that.  Just wanted some thoughts.  Thanks

My Tag: 2 Timothy 3:1

Jesus Christ is the ONLY way to Heaven! (John14:6)

Every second 2 people die . . . What if this is your second? 

www.goodpersontest.com

Around the Network

I just use rechargable AAs, i already had some UNiROSS ones which were ok, they lasted about half the time of normal (energizer/duracel) cells, but obviously i could recharge them.
However i have recently got some UNiROSS hybrio batteries, which supposedly don't lose charge when you leave them around (normal rechargables discharge energy while not in use) and although i havent had them long enough to test that, i have had them long enough now to know they last longer in the Wiimote than normal AAs, i mean i got about 25 hours out of LoZ:TP on normal cells, (TP is the most power draining on the remote), but these last at a guess 10 hours longer than that before needing a recharge.

I use the Energizer 2500MAH rechargeable batteries in my Wiimotes and cube controllers. Usually they give me 3-4 bars after a charge (which is pretty lame). Metroid Prime was also pretty draining on the batteries. I think I had to charge them at least twice while playing the game. Luckily I have extra batteries.

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

wow, thats pretty poor....the ones i am using are 2100mAh but they keep 4 bars for ages. It was £8 for a pack of 4 which is pretty expensive but they are worth it.

One thing i forgot to say, when i got SMB lostlevels on VC and started it up, the remote seems to take an extra second or so to connect....i have not however tested this on other VC games, or used my old rechargeables, or normal cells on SMB...i will have to check just to see if it is the batteries or the VC game (it doesn't do it for Wii games though)

DarkNight_DS said:
I use the Energizer 2500MAH rechargeable batteries in my Wiimotes and cube controllers. Usually they give me 3-4 bars after a charge (which is pretty lame). Metroid Prime was also pretty draining on the batteries. I think I had to charge them at least twice while playing the game. Luckily I have extra batteries.

I use those same ones, but I get full bars after charge. I just alternate them... you know, in pairs. 

Around the Network

I just use the Nyko Remote Charging Station that plugs into a wall outlet. It keeps a charge for a really long time (I haven't run a remote out of batteries yet even after long play sessions) and it's easy to use (people tend to worry that the straps get in the way).

I have the Nyko charger. I like it a lot. Holds charge for a long time and is easily recharged by just sitting in cradle. I had one issue where one of the prongs on the battery had to be bent outward a little to ensure it got good connectivity to the wiimote, but meh it was no biggie.

I've been using two sets of regular rechargable batteries with my Wii. At first they both worked well, then one pair started draining themselves in less than 6 hours, and finally both started doing it. I'm back to using nature-hating-non-rechargables until I figure out what to do...

Yeah the Nyko charger rocks. I have sets of recharable batteries but this si so much more convienient. It is also a nice place to keep my Wiimotes so I always know where they are.

Final* Word on Game Delays:

The game will not be any better or include more content then planned. Any commnets that say so are just PR hogwash to make you feel better for having to wait.

Delays are due to lack of proper resources, skill, or adequate planning by the developer.

Do be thankful that they have enough respect for you to delay the game and maintain its intended level of quality.

*naznatips is exempt

all u gotta know is... don't buy the gameware chargers... they are sh*t...

Why not add me on msn... ish_187@hotmail.co.uk

- - - > ¤ « ~ N i n t e n d o ~ » ¤ < - - -
Games purchased since December 30th 2006:
GBA:The Legend of Zelda:The Minish Cap
DS:Lunar Knights, Pokemon Diamond, The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass ,Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Hotel Dusk:Room 215, Mario vs DK 2: March of the Mini's and Picross DS
PS2: Devil May Cry 3:Dante's Awakening, Shadow of the Colosuss, Sega Mega Drive Collection, XIII , Sonic Mega Collection,Fifa 08 and Fifa 09.
GC:Fight Night Round 2
Wii VC:Super Mario 64 ,Lylat Wars ,Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest, Super Castlevania IV, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Streets of Rage, Kirby's Adventure, Super Metroid, Super Mario Bros. 3, Mega Man 2Street Fighter 2 Turbo: Hyper Fighting,Wave Race 64 and Lost Winds

Wii: Sonic and the Secret Rings, Godfather:Blackhand Edition, Red Steel, Tony Hawks Downhill Jam, Eledees, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Mario Strikers Charged Football,Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Super Mario Galaxy,House of the Dead 2 and 3 Return, Wii Fit, No More Heroes and Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

X360: Spider Man
PS3:
Resistance: Fall of Man