By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - WHAAAAAAAAAAAT!!!!!! (Zelda: PH)

endurance said:
ArtofAngels said:
endurance said:
didnt aunoma say that this was like a remake of the first zelda

Not even close.

im not saying its a remake as i have never played this or the first zelda,but i think i read at gonintendo where he said its like a remake of the old zelda

Nah like I said, it's not even close, it's as far off the orginal as far off as it is a Wind Waker 'Sequal'.

Around the Network

sorry my mistake he says its an updated version of nes zelda
http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2007/09/26/aonuma-phantom-hourglass-is-an-updated-version-of-nes-zelda/

whats wrong with not having heart pieces ? i dont see it as that big--now if they took out hearts all togther then we might have a problem

Cadence said:
No, Nintendo is just getting lazy because the Wii is giving them a ton of profit and they know their games will sell somewhat.

i have never known them to short cut or get lazy--even when Snes was stomping they never got lazy

You dont earn the rep as th best AAA games for no reason

mesoteto said:
whats wrong with not having heart pieces ? i dont see it as that big--now if they took out hearts all togther then we might have a problem

I like to hunt down my hearts, it's something I look forward to in any new Zelda, I feel like I ordered a 3 course meal and only got 2.

Around the Network
ArtofAngels said:
endurance said:
ArtofAngels said:
endurance said:
didnt aunoma say that this was like a remake of the first zelda

Not even close.

im not saying its a remake as i have never played this or the first zelda,but i think i read at gonintendo where he said its like a remake of the old zelda

Nah like I said, it's not even close, it's as far off the orginal as far off as it is a Wind Waker 'Sequal'.

Actually Aunoma did state that it felt like he remade the original, which makes a lot of sense in some ways.  The game is a re-envisioning of Zelda's core mechanics, so the game feels fresh.  I believe he took inspiration for the game from the original game and that's why there are no sliced up heart pieces.  There is a ton of Zelda type things to collect in the game.  So it's staying very true to the series.

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

* Spoilers *

There are also no bottles.
However, you do get to hunt down Spirit Gems (60 of them)

* End Spoilers*

And on WW I could swim, did Link forget how for the sequal?

Okay here's my pick on Zelda fans, they're never happy! Whatever Nintendo does, they are never satisfied about Zelda. People said that the recent Zelda has been too much a Ocarina of Time clone, now that they do something else, people still complain! What's wrong with no heart pieces? There's still tons of other things to do! I rather have the quests we have in the game than the usual lame "find the heart pieces".

Can't you just stop complaining and enjoy the game?

Did you think it was important that Link could swim in Wind Waker?

Currently Playing: Skies of Arcadia Legends (GC), Dragon Quest IV (DS)

Last Game beaten: The Rub Rabbits(DS)