By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - WHAAAAAAAAAAAT!!!!!! (Zelda: PH)

lolita said:
Okay here's my pick on Zelda fans, they're never happy! Whatever Nintendo does, they are never satisfied about Zelda. People said that the recent Zelda has been too much a Ocarina of Time clone, now that they do something else, people still complain! What's wrong with no heart pieces? There's still tons of other things to do! I rather have the quests we have in the game than the usual lame "find the heart pieces".

I agree but its not just Zelda fans its something that plagues the nerdier hobbies comics, video games, anime people tend to build stuff up so badly that when it finally comes out its nothing like their imagination and therefore become disappointed. I almost nowadays just want to tell anyone who claims to be a Zelda fan to block out any news of the Wii one thats in production now from their mind and just be surprised when it finally shows up in the stores 2-3 years from now. I didn't miss the heart pieces they had the collection quest like was already mentioned for the spirit gems and was much happier to see new game play elements like a dungeon whose entire dynamic changes as you gain new items in the game and go back through it over and over. I was happy to see a top down perspective(technically isometric but essentially it was the same as playing LTTP viewed from an angle) and even told Nintendo as much in the survey for the free stylus thing. There were a lot of positive new elements and returning old ones in the game to be worried about heart pieces.

Now Playing : Links Crossbow Training(Wii), Super Mario Galaxy(Wii) FE: Path of Radiance(GC)

Around the Network

now the bottles is a bit of a shame

Windwaker was disliked because it wasn't like Ocarina of Time
Twilight Princess was disliked because it was Ocarina of Time DX
Twilight Princess was also disliked because it stuck too closely with the Zelda formula
Phantom Hourglass is disliked because it strays away from the formula too much
Phantom Hourlgass is also disliked because it doesn't stray away from the formula enough (1Up)

DonWii said:
Windwaker was disliked because it wasn't like Ocarina of Time
Twilight Princess was disliked because it was Ocarina of Time DX
Twilight Princess was also disliked because it stuck too closely with the Zelda formula
Phantom Hourglass is disliked because it strays away from the formula too much
Phantom Hourlgass is also disliked because it doesn't stray away from the formula enough (1Up)

Wow.

Someone actually paid attention to 1UP.  :P

So far it's everything i expected (of course, i knew beforehand that there were no heart pieces, so the initial shock had already passed, and i'm well over it :P .. Link not being able to swim in PH is a "couldn't care less factor", the only benefit it had was when you fell off a ledge into water, making him lose health makes it slightly harder, which is good

Around the Network

Wow, I didn't think heart pieces were such a big deal to some people...

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Cadence said:
No, Nintendo is just getting lazy because the Wii is giving them a ton of profit and they know their games will sell somewhat.

Your..........not.......serious are you?

This whole thread is ridiculous, PH is one of the best games created on a hand held, and you guys are bitching because of the lack of heart containers, please.

And cadence, I've come to respect your posts for being short and to the point but that one was just lame and untrue. Im a little disappointed.

Xbox Live Gamertag - Deathscythe X

AIM SN - Alexie Di Onie

Isn't there already a ton of stuff to collect? Just be thankful they even made you a game. There are starving kids in India that would be happy to have this game.

Predictions for 2009: (Right) (Wrong) (Partial)

Pokemon Gold/Silver DS Japan in September

NES colored Wii and SNES Classic Controler for Christmas

Super Role Bros for Christmas

FF Remakes announced; VII PS3 VIII 360 IX Wii

New Super Mario World November 2009

WOuldn't those starving kids rather have food?

Xbox Live Gamertag - Deathscythe X

AIM SN - Alexie Di Onie

I'm all in for tradition, but don't you think you're being just a little stuck up here? If they didn't add new things and remove some old things every now and then, the whole series would stagnate.