By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Who here hates Rap?

I can't stand rap, its awful all they talk about is how many people they shoot, how much money they have, and how the white man is keeping them down. all these rappers need to just shut up.

its not even music its just people saying  cusswords over a jungle beat.

who else hear thinks rap needs to just go away?

Some good music that actually takes TALENT is made by bands such as

The Beatles, Oasis, The Clash, and stuff like that.

Around the Network

I hate new rap. Old school 90's rap is ok with me though.

Ignorance is bliss....

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!!!

Nice thread Craan! Your flame threads crush!

OT: Rap peaked in the 90's. Even the commercial rap in the 90's had a message (Tupac, B.I.G., Public Enemy, etc.). ONe thing you cannot deny is that the commercial rap has very little substance to it these days. I'm sure there are nuggets of brilliance available, but I can't stand wading through the "cars, money and bitches" crap that spews through the radio and sound systems of night clubs.

Rap was never good and it takes no talent all it is is talking to a beat!

Around the Network

I don't hate rap, I don't hate much. Hate is a strong word. However, what I think you're forgetting is that most modern music is bad. Rap doesn't impress me, but I'm not going to hate it just because I don't like it.

kowenicki said:
Rap.... 90% crap. (much like all genres really)

I can remember the first time I heard Rappers Delight when it came out and I loved it... still do, didnt feel the same way about rap again until The Message and White Lines. God I love White Lines... gonna stick it on now...

modern rap.... sweary, racist and arrogant misogynistic garbage most of it.

Not most rap all rap there may be 1% of C"rap" without bad messages but it still sucks.

you cant spell crap without rap

You'll never find me listening to it. I just wonder how they all get so much damn money. Little fluffies could be totally obscure and still make millions

Well I don't hate rap music itself, but I don't like the common message that it spreads and I can't stand the most of rappers, their way of life and all that stuff.

Moreover, when they talk they do it waving their hands in that ridiculous way and they speak as if they were still rapping. ¿¬_¬

"I think that I don't think."

- Soli Deo Gloria -

The FUTURE is the FUTURE. Now... B_E_L_I_E_V_E!

But Craan, your profile! You LOVE rap!! Several of the artists in your list of favorite music are rappers!