By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The PS3 will NOT fall under 200k WW the rest of this generation

postofficebuddy said:
Seece said:
akuseru said:
Seece said:
GameAnalyser said:
numonex said:
The PS3 will fall below 200k within a couple of weeks. In 2010 there will be weeks it will be barely above 100k let alone stay above 150k.

i'm afraid have to disagree with it and go with the OP's statement which is looking more promising.

No it isn't ... it's already going to hover around 200k this week, let alone the dry summer months.

You mean the "dry" summer months with GT5 releasing?

A) that's not even confirmed yet and B) that one game isn't going to keep the PS3 above 200k.

GT5 will produce a long-term and sustained hardware rise particularly in Others. It doesn't have a confirmed release date yet but theoretically speaking if it were to have a worldwide release right in that sweet spot where sales started to dip in the slow months I would feel comfortable in predicting PS3 would not fall below 175k for the rest of the year. Not above 200k but close to it. Now if we were to have a perfect storm of events like a $25/20 euro/2k yen price drop maybe to go along with the introduction of the paid PSN premium service in that same period then I'd feel comfortable in 200k, but that's obviously not going to happen.

You're putting too much hope in Others, PS3 is going to dip below 50k in NA, as will the 360, Japan is going to be sub 20k soon enough, 100k+ in europe in the summer months??

Around the Network
Seece said:
postofficebuddy said:
Seece said:
akuseru said:
Seece said:
GameAnalyser said:
numonex said:
The PS3 will fall below 200k within a couple of weeks. In 2010 there will be weeks it will be barely above 100k let alone stay above 150k.

i'm afraid have to disagree with it and go with the OP's statement which is looking more promising.

No it isn't ... it's already going to hover around 200k this week, let alone the dry summer months.

You mean the "dry" summer months with GT5 releasing?

A) that's not even confirmed yet and B) that one game isn't going to keep the PS3 above 200k.

GT5 will produce a long-term and sustained hardware rise particularly in Others. It doesn't have a confirmed release date yet but theoretically speaking if it were to have a worldwide release right in that sweet spot where sales started to dip in the slow months I would feel comfortable in predicting PS3 would not fall below 175k for the rest of the year. Not above 200k but close to it. Now if we were to have a perfect storm of events like a $25/20 euro/2k yen price drop maybe to go along with the introduction of the paid PSN premium service in that same period then I'd feel comfortable in 200k, but that's obviously not going to happen.

You're putting too much hope in Others, PS3 is going to dip below 50k in NA, as will the 360, Japan is going to be sub 20k soon enough, 100k+ in europe in the summer months??

well acutally yes, GT5 can pull out 200k+ for ps3, and for the whole summer i would bet ( you act like there arent going to be any other releases) (saying it comes out in like the beg. of june)....but i believe that it dip below 200k in the next couple of weeks, just above 180k and then rise up to like 250k+ when GOWIII comes out...but yeah, GT5 alone can keep the ps3 at 200k

mhm I think this thread still has a chance..

mM

Looking at the upcoming releases and such...

Through rest of January,

MAG (NA/EU/JA)
End of Eternity aka Resonance of Fate (Japan)
Last Rebellion (Japan)

Feburary,

WKC (NA/EU)
Star Ocean: The Last Hope IE (NA/JA/EU)
Dante's Inferno (NA/EU/JA)
Bioshock 2 (NA/EU)
Last Rebellion (NA)
Heavy Rain (NA/EU/JA)

Now I listed those titles because I have a firm belief that they have the power to respectively sell the ps3. So in the territories of the above game being released I expect little to no drop, maybe even a few thousand ps3's sold. I stopped at Feburary because it is in my opinion that once March hits this prediction can and will hold true all the way till 2011. Why you ask?

March,

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 (NA/EU)
MLB 10: The Show (NA)
Yakuza 3 (NA/EU)
Drag Age: Origins - Awakening (NA)
Final Fantasy XIII (NA/EU)
God of War III (NA/EU/JA)

(titles that may or may not have an impact)

Last Rebellion (EU)
R.U.S.E (NA)
Quantum Theory (NA/EU/JA)

All these titles could sustain the 200k+ for the ps3 until the behemoth releases and yes of course I am talking about Lego Harry Potter! But Gran Turismo 5 follows up sometime after :D

Even the OP admitted he didn't seriously believe it would happen.

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

Around the Network
peachbuggy said:

While true that doesn't make this any less interesting or making the "give it two weeks" naysayers eat crow any less funny

It's been entertaining to watch if nothing else.

EncodedNybble said:
peachbuggy said:

While true that doesn't make this any less interesting or making the "give it two weeks" naysayers eat crow any less funny

It's been entertaining to watch if nothing else.

I think some people in both camps have taken it far too seriously.

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

glad to see this thread back up, well so far so good

So for HW sales ending Jan. 23, 2010 the numbers are: PS3 185,821

NA: 78,362 JP: 26,503 Others: 80,956 Total WW: 185,821

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

NOOOOOOOOOOOO.

*Al Bundy's My Hero*

*Al Bundy For President*

Waiting On GT7!!!

PSN ID: Acidfacekiller