By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The PS3 will NOT fall under 200k WW the rest of this generation

Seece said:
GameAnalyser said:
numonex said:
The PS3 will fall below 200k within a couple of weeks. In 2010 there will be weeks it will be barely above 100k let alone stay above 150k.

i'm afraid have to disagree with it and go with the OP's statement which is looking more promising.

No it isn't ... it's already going to hover around 200k this week, let alone the dry summer months.

You mean the "dry" summer months with GT5 releasing?

Around the Network
Netyaroze said:

@markers I just saw that you have a bet with zexen if PS3 falls until end of 2010 under 200k you give him sig control until the fiscal year end. E.g : if you would lose tomorrow you would give him control until 31.3.2010.

But if it wont fall the next weeks it will probably not fall until short after the end of this fiscal year. So you eventually have to give him control over your sig almost a year if you are unlucky.

Lol funny is that he said until end of 2010 over 200k so even if you win you have control over his sig just 4 months.

lol yeah I don't even use my sig so whatever he gives me is a welcome addition :D

Let us say the PS3 falls to 180-195k for the week and markers loses his bet, maybe he really won't!

According to the popular term going around this site with recent numbers we can just say that markers is still correct due to the margin of error.

180-190k according to the margin of error makes it a statisical tie with 200k!!! 

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Euphoria14 said:

Let us say the PS3 falls to 180-195k for the week and markers loses his bet, maybe he really won't!

According to the popular term going around this site with recent numbers we can just say that markers is still correct due to the margin of error.

190k according to the margin of error makes it a statisical tie with 200k!!! 

I like margin of error :D

markers said:
Euphoria14 said:

190k according to the margin of error makes it a statisical tie with 200k!!! 

I like margin of error :D

Well it's used each and every week now when the PS3 finishes ahead of 360 in America, so why not use it to your advantage here?

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Around the Network

markers should be allowed a three strikes and he's out,rule

just for such a good/fun prediction

i doubt he'll get it though

Above & Beyond

akuseru said:
Seece said:
GameAnalyser said:
numonex said:
The PS3 will fall below 200k within a couple of weeks. In 2010 there will be weeks it will be barely above 100k let alone stay above 150k.

i'm afraid have to disagree with it and go with the OP's statement which is looking more promising.

No it isn't ... it's already going to hover around 200k this week, let alone the dry summer months.

A) that's not even confirmed yet and B) that one game isn't going to keep the PS3 above 200k.

Who knows, maybe we will get double crow like in Leo-j's case.

PS3 will fall under the mark and someone will make a thread about it only to have NPD reveal that he was right for that month.

This bet will eventually fail, but it would be fun for it to ride out in the same fashion.

Currently playing:

Seece said:
akuseru said:
Seece said:
GameAnalyser said:
numonex said:

A) that's not even confirmed yet and B) that one game isn't going to keep the PS3 above 200k.

GT5 will produce a long-term and sustained hardware rise particularly in Others. It doesn't have a confirmed release date yet but theoretically speaking if it were to have a worldwide release right in that sweet spot where sales started to dip in the slow months I would feel comfortable in predicting PS3 would not fall below 175k for the rest of the year. Not above 200k but close to it. Now if we were to have a perfect storm of events like a $25/20 euro/2k yen price drop maybe to go along with the introduction of the paid PSN premium service in that same period then I'd feel comfortable in 200k, but that's obviously not going to happen.

Proudest Platinums:
1. Gran Turismo 5
2. Persona 4 Arena
3. Wipeout HD
4. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
5. Super Street Fighter 4

so it holds true as for today?