By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony tackles BBC over 'PS3 failure' report

FKNetwork said:
damndl0ser said:
Evil BBC, don't they know its never Sony's fault!!

Exactly lol! Sony never does anything wrong....

This is on watchdog at 8pm tonight on BBC1, unlike other companies BBC will not be scared by anyone, they are huge compared to Sony, BBC also has one of the strongest influences in the media, if they go against Sony it won't end well for them or the PS3.

Sony pictures the Hollywood studio alone is 5 times the size of the BBC. You fanboys just make me laugh.

Around the Network

I get a kick out of you guys claiming lawsuit on Sony's part. You haven't even seen the program and you are already sticking it to the BBC. Believe it or not, most of the time there is a reason for programs like this. They have obviously had a lot of people complaining about it or there wouldn't have been a need for the program to begin with.

It would all but be impossible for sony to win a lawsuit on something like this. And the only thing they are doing is basically trying to bully the BBC over this. Which will get them no where.

"If you've got them by the balls their hearts and minds will follow."

Quote by- The Imortal John Wayne, the original BADASS!

slowmo said:
theprof00 said:
They are not refusing to repair.
Whereas RROD was a HW error, a defect in all the machines, the YLOD is caused by a variety of factors, not just one in particular. Specifically, YLOD is caused by certain problems, like poor ventilation, abuse, dustiness, and filth, as well as overheating.

The problem here is that a lot of people put their consoles in an entertainment center...which is a horrible horrible idea. You ever feel how hot it gets inside those? Not to mention electromagnetic interference from other electronics, the basic design for entertainment centers induces a sort of dust funnel, with lots of electronics fans and exhaust all running together.

RROD is not a hardware error and neither is it a defect in all machines.  RROD is a reporting method for a huge number of errors.  If you just include errors that just start with 3 red rings then you can include the following issues: PSU, shorts on the board, CPU issues, GPU issues.  You then have the 2 red ring code for overheating and finally the 1 ring code for both software and hardware issues (E71,E73,E74, and the E60 series).  The issue that triggers RROD is very complex but is less apparent in later models and hence not a universal defect like perhaps you could class it was at launch.

I find it strange that people here are suddenly claiming a Watchdog investigation has been not conducted in the correct manner.  Rather ironically when the 360 was on there and they used the most unscientific methods I could think of to demonstrate disk scratching issues a lot of people who like the Playstation brand were very happy to see the program aired.  Perhaps now having seen the tests for what they are you my realise that the investigations are rarely without terrible flaws on Watchdog.  Either way Sony wouldn't dare launch a legal case against the BBC hence why the shows being aired.

Why wouldnt they launch legal action?. The BBC are a publically funded company who's charter is telling the truth. If Sony launch legal action it'l be another nail in the coffin of the BBC after all the controversies of recent years.

damndl0ser said:
I get a kick out of you guys claiming lawsuit on Sony's part. You haven't even seen the program and you are already sticking it to the BBC. Believe it or not, most of the time there is a reason for programs like this. They have obviously had a lot of people complaining about it or there wouldn't have been a need for the program to begin with.

It would all but be impossible for sony to win a lawsuit on something like this. And the only thing they are doing is basically trying to bully the BBC over this. Which will get them no where.

Why would it be impossible to win a lawsuit?. They'd have to prove there reports legitimacy in court. Companies who tell damaging lies about other companies deserve to be taken to the cleaners.

OK I admit I watched it and as I type the light of death song is playing in the background. Well if Sony thought this was over then they were wrong and they certainly put a case forward for defect. No lawsuits I am afraid sorry to dissapoint.

Watchdog obviously feel they are on to something as they continue to ask for more reports. 12,500 is Sony claim for YLOD Watchdogs mission prove the problem is larger.

It was actually very entertaining. I am off to You Tube now find the yellow light of death song.

W.L.B.B. Member, Portsmouth Branch.

(Welsh(Folk) Living Beyond Borders)

Winner of the 2010 VGC Holiday sales prediction thread with an Average 1.6% accuracy rating. I am indeed awesome.

Kinect as seen by PS3 owners ...if you can pick at it   ...post it ... Did I mention the 360 was black and Shinny? Keeping Sigs obscure since 2007, Passed by the Sig police 5July10.
Around the Network
alanshearer said:
FKNetwork said:

Exactly lol! Sony never does anything wrong....

This is on watchdog at 8pm tonight on BBC1, unlike other companies BBC will not be scared by anyone, they are huge compared to Sony, BBC also has one of the strongest influences in the media, if they go against Sony it won't end well for them or the PS3.

Sony pictures the Hollywood studio alone is 5 times the size of the BBC. You fanboys just make me laugh.

LOL, maybe you should do a bit more research, and how am I a fanboy for saying that lol.

I watched Watchdog, superb as usual and they will certainly have affected UK PS3 sales after that, the YLOD song is ace! and for the record, nothing they said was incorrect or wrong, I was very impressed actually!

I feel like always number are being played.
12,500 sounds like alot more then 1%
watchdog is starting to feel more like entertainment, then a documentary type thing...
I felt it was alittle rushed, and lol at the out of 11 consoles fixed, 4 already broke. So out of those other 3 fixed, 1 of them in bond to die, if not too.
Still, if this does get sony to increase warranty cover, all the better.
They didn't mention much in the letter.

I saw Watchdog for a bit while flicking through channels, and it was saying something about brain cancer.

Was that related to YLOD?

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Still searching for the light of death song has anybody found it on YouTube?

W.L.B.B. Member, Portsmouth Branch.

(Welsh(Folk) Living Beyond Borders)

Winner of the 2010 VGC Holiday sales prediction thread with an Average 1.6% accuracy rating. I am indeed awesome.

Kinect as seen by PS3 owners ...if you can pick at it   ...post it ... Did I mention the 360 was black and Shinny? Keeping Sigs obscure since 2007, Passed by the Sig police 5July10.
alanshearer said:
damndl0ser said:

Why would it be impossible to win a lawsuit?.

It may be a little different in the UK than in the USA.  But Sony would have to prove that the BBC intended to blatantly damage Sony's rep on purpose and that this was there only intention.   The worst thing the BBC would probably have to do is to submit some sort of correction notice (if the article had errors in it).  Much like a newspaper does, when it gets an article wrong or someones name wrong etc...

Sony would be the company that would have to prove damages.  And this would be very difficult.

"If you've got them by the balls their hearts and minds will follow."

Quote by- The Imortal John Wayne, the original BADASS!