By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - 250gb Slim & Uncharted 2 bundle

GT5, Fifa '10 and Ass Creed 2 bundles are supposedly on the way too, Sony will be fine this holiday.

Around the Network

This seems messed up. If it was a bundle that came with Uncharted 1 & 2, that would be awesome. Trying to bring in newcomers with a sequal to a game from this gen doesn't seem to smart.

Either an U1&2 bundle, or a GT5 bundle would have been so much better.

4 ≈ One

TGS my friend................goodness me one week from now shit is going down!

I agree! A Uncharted 1&2 bundle would be good since people that have played the first game are already going to have a PS3 obviously! Sony, use your brains here

Dgc1808 said:
This seems messed up. If it was a bundle that came with Uncharted 1 & 2, that would be awesome. Trying to bring in newcomers with a sequal to a game from this gen doesn't seem to smart.

Either an U1&2 bundle, or a GT5 bundle would have been so much better.

That is a good idea. but I understand why they wouldnt include Uncharted 1 with the bundle.

Its because Uncharted 2 is going to be the new, best, hottest game when it releases, with visuals through the roof, with the marketing (hopefully) to go with it. It will draw new players to the system by itself.

Or for me personally, I would think about getting an Uncharted 2 bundle because I want the slim and I want Uncharted 2.

but since I already have the first, and if Sony offered your U1 & 2 bundle, then I might think about just buying the slim and Uncharted 2 seperately for some reason.

But they should include an hdmi cable and an extra controller in the 250 gig Uncharted 2 bundle imo to make the extra $100 absolutely worth it.

̶3̶R̶D̶   2ND! Place has never been so sweet.

Around the Network

Well if I was getting a new ps3 (I will be buying my little bro one) buying a system with a sequal will just prompt me to buy the first one as well. I think that this bundle might push sales for the first game, but just a little bit.

ultraslick said:
jesus kung fu magic said:
Smashed said:
MontanaHatchet said:
This has always been Sony's problem. Fighting a Modern Warfare 2 bundle with an Uncharted 2 bundle is going to leave Sony with bruised and beaten.

How? Bundling an exclusive game is bad since when? A FANTASTIC game I must add.

Much better then an multiplatform game IMO.

What kind of mentality is that?

A game is a game, and whether its exclusive or not has no effect on the quality of the game.

I respectfully disagree. I wish multiplats generally were in the same league as the majority of Sony's first party games, but that is not the case imo. I look forward to all Sony 1st party games because of what they offer, how they are made, what advantages they utilize.

In the case of MW2, I think it is safe to say that it is one of the best... if not the best multiplat game and series around, so in this case, the 3rd party game will probably be great.

Can multiplats be just as good or better than exclusives?  - of course they can.

But from my experience on this earth, that typically is not the case.

But this is far from the case as some multiplat offerings best ANY exclusives.

Bioshock is still the best single-player experience you can get (whether or not you agree the scores definitely do)

Fallout 3 and Elder Scrolls are still some of the best rpgs you can find.

etc.etc

Games will always be games and will always be developed the same way with different concepts and its those interesting concepts that make us enjoy the game.

An exclusive developer is in no way ,shape or form better than a multiplat developer and his/her concepts or ideas have no natural dominance over a multiplat developers ideas or concepts.

The fact of the matter is the only difference between a multiplat and an exclusive is that an exclusive has the "potential" to have better graphics than a multiplat but ...........since when are we playing graphics?

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!!!

I'm sure the MW2 bundle is in limited stock. Its not like they're going to pump out 500k of them.

MontanaHatchet said:
This has always been Sony's problem. Fighting a Modern Warfare 2 bundle with an Uncharted 2 bundle is going to leave Sony with bruised and beaten.

How are they fighting? Uncharted comes out a month before MW2, and it's not costing Sony as much. And we get MW2 too.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
MontanaHatchet said:

I would buy Uncharted bundle over COD bundle any day. The COD series sucks.