By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - MS -- Halo: Reach beta will SELL ODST (like crackdown was)

ODST pre-orders jumped thru the roof on this weeks report, and it's probably going to jump higher this wekk, as I finally decided to pre-order to get the special. The game is probably not going to chart like Halo 3, but it might have strong legs...I think Halo Reach is going to launch in 2011, vice 2010...so ODST is going to have some room to operate in.

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
heruamon said:
ODST pre-orders jumped thru the roof on this weeks report, and it's probably going to jump higher this wekk, as I finally decided to pre-order to get the special. The game is probably not going to chart like Halo 3, but it might have strong legs...I think Halo Reach is going to launch in 2011, vice 2010...so ODST is going to have some room to operate in.

Perhaps Gears 3 will launch in 2010, giving them more time with Reach...

Yeah...That's what I'm thinking...M$ likes consistency, and they have picked September as Halo release month...and I don't see Halo Reach being ready by then.  What I DO see is that we will see some hype for Halo Reach next E3.  The reason M4 picks September is probably because they get a 2fer...Halo games are hot, so they get the initial boost...then it leads to the holiday season, and you maintian the boost...if you released it in August...it not as fresh...come black friday.

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

it would have sold regardless. The only people anxiously awaiting halo reach are halo fans that would have bought ODST anyways

I mostly play RTS and Moba style games now adays as well as ALOT of benchmarking. I do play other games however such as the witcher 3 and Crysis 3, and recently Ashes of the Singularity. I love gaming on the cutting edge and refuse to accept any compromises. Proud member of the Glorious PC Gaming Master Race. Long Live SHIO!!!!