By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Top 5 Over hyped Games this generation

In other words:

"Pick popular HD games and come up with weak reasons as to why they were overhyped."

Say what you will about Halo 3 or any other game, but Gears of War 2 was definitely not overhyped. Rather, it met its hype quite nicely.

Around the Network

I would be shocked if anyone genuinely labeled Resistance 2 a "Halo killer." A spectacular FPS exclusive to the PS3 does not have to be a "Halo killer." Honestly, I have only witnessed the term applied to Killzone. Also, I think Assassin's Creed should be on the list. It was an enjoyable game, but it was overhyped.  

Carl2291 said:
No GTA4 and Resistance 2: Fall of Man?

Oh my god.

When was this game released? I want it.

Gears 2? Hoookaaaaaaay.........

DaBuddahN said:
Carl2291 said:

Oh my god.

That's exactly what i was wondering when i saw it in the OP

Around the Network
d21lewis said:
Gears 2? Hoookaaaaaaay.........

This was my reaction too. Every time somebody talks about Gears 2 being overhped I think of Terry Tate, office linebacker, destroying the living shit out of some Locust.

Carl2291 said:
DaBuddahN said:
Carl2291 said:

Oh my god.

That's exactly what i was wondering when i saw it in the OP

Lawl. But in all seriousness this list sorta fails... I have seen other memebers say it before, and I'll say it again, WHERE is GTA4?

where the hell is GTA4???

I can honestly say that I prefer Gears 2 over Gears 1, and I think many people would agree with me. I don't know what the game gets such a bad rap.

themanwithnoname's law: As an America's sales or NPD thread grows longer, the probabilty of the comment "America = World" [sarcasticly] being made approaches 1.

GTA IV was the most hyped game this gen. I remember the thousands of comparisons between the two console versions.