By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy XIII Exclusiveness is being discussed.

I suppose Sony want to secure this game with a contract and not only with its usual collaboration agreements leaving to the publisher good will the decission to go multi or not further on .

Around the Network

This is not going to happen. Sony probably has some sort of exclusivity contract with Square that at a minimum will keep this PS3 exclusive for a certain period of time, but really the chances of it ever coming to the 360 are very slim. If Sony did lose this it would be huge, probably bigger than if they lost MGS4 (there's a better chance of that one coming to the 360, though I wouldn't call that a good chance). And Square of all companies is resistant to the multiplatform rout. My guess why is that companies, particularly SOny, will give them a lot of money to make sure their big titles will only come out on their system.

http://www.xbox360fanboy.com/2007/03/22/ffxiii-not-exclusive-to-ps3-after-all/ Granted, it's from a site called xbox360fanboy...but it sounds legit and I'm sure we'll see this info on other sites soon. Sounds like Square Enix and Sony both concede that FFXIII could very well go multiplatform.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Christopher_G2 said: This is not going to happen. Sony probably has some sort of exclusivity contract with Square that at a minimum will keep this PS3 exclusive for a certain period of time, but really the chances of it ever coming to the 360 are very slim. If Sony did lose this it would be huge, probably bigger than if they lost MGS4 (there's a better chance of that one coming to the 360, though I wouldn't call that a good chance). And Square of all companies is resistant to the multiplatform rout. My guess why is that companies, particularly SOny, will give them a lot of money to make sure their big titles will only come out on their system.
Unless Sony is directly funding the development of Final Fantasy 13 I don't think there would be anything to prevent it from going to the XBox 360 ... The reality is that if you're developing a title at the expense of some of these massive budget titles odds are you're going to be looking at ways to reduce your risk; releasing on a single platform is a huge risk because, no matter how popular your game is, another game could be released at the same time as your game and (drastically) reduce sales...

"Final Fantasy creator, Hironobu Sakaguchi, recently added fuel to this rumor, stating that the FFXIII's White Engine is capable of multiplatform development, and that he believed making FFXIII a multiplatform game would be a "wise" decision. Is the Xbox 360 about to pick up another of the PS3's heavy hitters? Only time will tell. If Final Fantasy XIII were to come out on Xbox, would it sway your decision to get a PS3?" How legit is that shit? Hironobu Sakuguchi has left Square-enix and he have showed his hate against the company serveral times. He has is own company Mistwalker that make xbox360 titles like Blue Dragon and Lost odyssey There is nothing new, they have put together two interviews one old and the other from the Sony president from France. Its better to wait till Square-enix say something. I am not planning to believe xbox dev and a Sony guy :D

Around the Network

IMO, FFXIII would be a very wise move. If it sells just on PS3, we could expect maybe 5m units or so w/w, but with the 360, and an RPG-starved crowd, it could possibly outsell the PS3 version in the US. IF FFXIII came out on 360 in Japan.............Wow.........The unit sales it'd bring.... It wouldn't revive it to great heights, but it'd end up really (and I mean really) start moving hardware - heck, it could start competing with the PS3 in Japan.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

so where is announce of FFXIII on xbox360 ? how long to wait? and what you are disccussing here? for usa: FFXIII if you have 2 consoles (ps3/xbox360), where you would buy game: on ps3: where game is on 1 Blu-ray disk, and the whole game got optimization for ps3, and well, from the start was developed only for ps3. on xbox360: you got a port of ps3 game on 3-4 DVDs. ?

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

CrazzyMan said:on ps3: where game is on 1 Blu-ray disk, and the whole game got optimization for ps3, and well, from the start was developed only for ps3. on xbox360: you got a port of ps3 game on 3-4 DVDs. ?
I'd rather save $200 and swap discs out, thank you very much

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

sieanr said: CrazzyMan said:on ps3: where game is on 1 Blu-ray disk, and the whole game got optimization for ps3, and well, from the start was developed only for ps3. on xbox360: you got a port of ps3 game on 3-4 DVDs. ? I'd rather save $200 and swap discs out, thank you very much
sorry, are you blind? =) for usa: FFXIII if you have 2 consoles (ps3/xbox360), where you would buy game: and a PORT may have worse graphics and load times you know? =) still don`t care? =)) and if FFXIII will take 50GB, you like 6 DVD issues, and swaping discs eache time, you enter a new location?

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

CrazzyMan said:sorry, are you blind? =) for usa: FFXIII if you have 2 consoles (ps3/xbox360), where you would buy game: and a PORT may have worse graphics and load times you know? =) still don`t care? =)) and if FFXIII will take 50GB, you like 6 DVD issues, and swaping discs eache time, you enter a new location?
Sorry, but did the multi disc Final Fantasyies on PS1 have any of the problems you mentioned? Did you have to swap disc every time you "enter a new area"? Most people won't have the option of choosing which system they pick it up on. Few people want to "work 2 jobs" just to afford the PS3, and many people have bill/hobbies outside of gaming to deal with. Besides, if FF hits 360 then what reason do allot of people have for picking up a PS3? But I digress... Madden still sold millions on the PS2, despite being inferior to the Xbox version in every way. People still bought splinter cell on GC although it was an inferior port of an Xbox game. If people can pick up a title on a console they own, or one that is considerably cheaper, than they will - even if the graphics are inferior.

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away"