By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy XIII Exclusiveness is being discussed.

Well i am a wii owner, and i don't plan to own either a xbox 360 niether a ps3 until they drop the price at least by half. But since i don't really like FPS and Western RPGs there is nothing really interisting for me on the 360, so i'd probably buy a ps3 after some years, but if sony lose its exclusives, mainly Final Fantasy and other games from japoneses developers, i'll probably get a 360 instead, since it will probably always be cheaper and have better online play. And i also don't give a damn about graphics or disc capacity...

Around the Network

March and even April sales for sony should be higher due to its better games coming out, and HOME, and of course the European launch of the PS3. If sony were wise, they would try to delay negotiations until they can demonstrate that they can provide an amount of sales that will make square enix happy. Looking at the economics of the business decision, it seems logical that sony would have to offer square enix more in terms of an advancement for sales, or fee to enix per sale. Sony will obviously fight very hard to keep this as an exclusive, as third-party strength has always been a central strategy for sony's games division. So, I say that sony will have to pay a little more this time perhaps, but they won't let FFXIII go to the 360 at all costs.

If FFXIII comes out on 360.........Wow. If SE did that, it would (almost) singlehandedly give the 360 a fighting chance against the PS3 in Japan, and boost the 360 to be a great system to multi-plat RPGs to. As a HUGE RPG fan, I am already happy with upcoming 360 RPG titles (Mass Effect, Blue Dragon, Lost Odyssey, Eternal Sonata, ect), but having FFXIII on 360 would be great. Japaneese would come en-mass to the 360 if that happened. That's not saying the 360 would beat the PS3, but it'd allow the 360 to have a fighting chance to wiggle into 2nd place worldwide, as it'd actually sell a bit of units in Japan. On S-Es end, multi-porting FFXIII to 360 would allow for lots of sales of the game - it could possibly beat FFVII for most w/w sales for a FF game (obviously due to both PS3 and 360 sales). IMO, I'd have FF as a 360/PS3 game, and port KH to the Wii and PS3. That way both Nintendo and MS get VERY strong S-E franchises, and Sony remains good since they get both. IMO, I saw something like this coming with S-E licensing UE3 engine out - it should allow for very strong multi-platform deving in the future. *IF* FFXIII goes multi-plat......... Japan: 1.5m sales for PS3 750k sales for 360 (huge boost to h/w sales, and with Eternal Sonata and LO, should have a decent bit of h/w at the time FFXIII launches) US: 900k sales for PS3 1.55m sales for 360 Other/Europe: 1m sales each for 360/PS3 Total: 6,700k units sold...2nd best FF game (as far as I know)

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Hypothetically speaking; if the PS3 version of FFXIII is released in Japan first with a 360 version following suit [in Japan], odds are 360 sales wouldn't jump up at all simpy because the PS3 version would be out first. It'd give both PS3 owners and prospective PS3 owners in Japan a reason to have a PS3 (considering the PS3 has been doing well thanks to Gundam Musou and some other titles); and this isn't even counting the importers who own a PS3 and are waiting to import their own copy of FFXIII for their PS3s. At least that's what I think.

As the flow of time changes all that is, what remains are words alone.