By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy XIII Exclusiveness is being discussed.

jmcoo7 said: Not those two alone but given the size of Sonys development team ballooning it could make a big difference . Again it all depends on quality of titles i thought the last Gt which averaged 89.1 was pretty good . only time will tell i think this generation of video consoles will take quite a while to unfold .
i completly agree. right now we do not know whether 100% for sure if kingdom hearts will be a PS3 exlusive or GTA to just the PS3 and 360. and for those of you who say no way KH will become a multiplatform, consider this: KH:chain of memories is for the GBA. so KH games have not always been sony exlusives AND to continue and complete the series you must play a KH game on a nintendo product. one thing about the Wii is the controller. (obviously) i do not know about all of you, but i love it when a game takes advantage of the controller and does it well. it makes the game more fun than previous versions of the same game ever were (madden or call of duty for example) and it makes its replay value last longer. i still love playing wii sports a whole month after getting my Wii. (and ive played it ALOT) make the same game but use a buttom instead of motionsensitivaty, and the game would not be fun for too long (if at all). games such as call of duty may seem great when they first come out, but then after playing through and beating it, it MAY quickly become "just one of my games" and nohting beyond that. well for me, the wii makes games replay value last long cause its a completly new type of expirience. it makes games not become "just one of the games." call me a fanboy if you want, but im not. i love nintendo, but when i first read about the PSP and DS, i was skeptical and wasnt really interested in either and afraid Nintendo might have been stupid in going out like they did with the DS. now, the DS is doing amazing and i bought one a year ago and have a decently large library of games for it and love it. when i first heard about the Wii, (this is completly 100% true) i almost completly jumped ship and was heavily considering going with the PS3 because again, i thought nintendo had gone too far. now the Wii is doing amazing and i was sold on buying one long before launch day.(finally found one a month ago, waited in line for it twice with no success) nintendo, rather than just doing the same old thing, has revolutionized gaming on the handhelds and consoles. they could have just done the standard thing, upgrade graphics and do some fancy online shenanigans. and they would have done alright, but thats all. sony would have likly won depsite its price. but they didnt, they decided slightly better graphics (because thats all the room for improvement there is, SLIGHTLY) and online play wasnt enough ANYMORE and did something crazy and now they are reeping the reward for there intuitive actions. now im a fanboy who isnt afraid of change. im officially a fan boy and you may think my posts are bias but i dont believe they are because i honestly believe what i type and dont change it to make it more harsh. nintendo has done something great to get back into the lead, and sony is falling hard. (and microsoft is way out of their leage in the world of gaming. cant wait for their xbox180 handheld system comes out, im sure itll sell at least 100 untils...maybe)

A delayed game is good someday, a bad game is bad forever.

Around the Network

Depending on how much difference there is on graphics for this game would sway my decision. If the PS3 was highly superior then i'd buy a PS3 for this game, but if the graphics on 360 were almost able to keep up (ie; xbox, gcn level differences) then i'd get it for the 360. This is one game you TRULY want to experience how it was meant. Kingdom Hearts so suits Nintendo's philosophy so I think it might go to Wii this time around.

This is *really* dangerous for Sony. Regardless of the change in sales, if they lose FF now - the impression that gamers will get is firstly that Sony has "lost", and secondly that there is no difference between the 360/PS3. If SquareEnix do this - you may see *all* future titles as cross platform between the two (hence why they are looking into Unreal engine - easy x-platform support). There will be a significant sales loss in the US - possibly Europe - but not Japan. They wouldn't bring it to the Wii - not easy to port, game would be quite different. The Wii is likely to get its own exclusive titles instead (and will still cost less to develop!).

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

OriGin said: Depending on how much difference there is on graphics for this game would sway my decision. If the PS3 was highly superior then i'd buy a PS3 for this game, but if the graphics on 360 were almost able to keep up (ie; xbox, gcn level differences) then i'd get it for the 360. This is one game you TRULY want to experience how it was meant. Kingdom Hearts so suits Nintendo's philosophy so I think it might go to Wii this time around.
honestly, i think people make a too big deal about graphics. i always say "graphics dont make games, gameplay does." i understand what you mean though. but here is the thing, i would have to see peak graphics for the Wii compared to the PS3 to say this for sure, but i dont feel there is a sinificant difference. and here is another thing, how many games ever take advantage of the peak graphics? toward the end of the last gen consoles, companies started doing this and there were some amazing looking games, too bad most of them sucked. they were trying to sell late console games via graphics, didnt work. but my point is graphics are rarly peaked and when a game comes out for all the consoles, chances are almost guaranteed they will all look identical graphics wise. they wont bother to peak them all, its too much work when they know "gameplay sells games" anyway.

A delayed game is good someday, a bad game is bad forever.

As above my last post, I agree completely about the Wii making games more fun. I've played Dragonball Z Tenkaichi 2 on PS2 and when I played it on Wii I HAD to buy it... it just puts you into the action so damn well... I think the Wii has great potential for great fun games.... God the perfect world would be Wii style controllers on a console with the power of PS3 or 360... I just wish Nintendo went along with the graphics war too, it's the ONLY negative thing about the Wii console and it's a big one for me because i'm such a graphics whore... Well actually, if the graphics push the hardware pretty hard and the art-style is pretty and enjoyable I suppose I don't mind THAT much, but when I see videos of Eternal Arcadia and Blue Dragon I just think... GOD DAMN they look good, and i feel apprehensive towards the Wii because I love graphics so much... lol yeah, what's wrong with admitting your a graphics whore... and I think people that say 'it's about the fun not the graphics' are just a little bit too nintendo fanned... yeah it's about the fun and the Wii is DAMN fun but an RPG is an RPG and part of what makes them SO much better is the beautiful worlds and the beautiful locations that you visit and play through.

Around the Network

The FFXIII thing wont happen, this happens for EVERY FF# game. Sony has to talk to 3rd party companies about exclusives if they want them.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

As much as I hate playing games on my PC, I would love to see FF13 and FF13 Versus come out on the PC. That way, I don't have to buy a PS3 just for it. Actually I wouldn't mind if they kept it on the PS2 or even released it on the Wii. I just want to experience the storyline. 480p and 1080p ain't too much different if the TV is small and not 1080p compatible.

Currently loving my Wii x2, Xbox 360 Pro & Xbox 360 Arcade, and Final Fantasy 7 Advent Children Limited "Cloud Black" 160GB PS3

GAMEFLY & GOOZEX FTW

Has square ever released a multi platform game? Not that im aware of, my guess is they wont start now

ssj12 said: The FFXIII thing wont happen, this happens for EVERY FF# game. Sony has to talk to 3rd party companies about exclusives if they want them.
Bubbles said: Has square ever released a multi platform game? Not that im aware of, my guess is they wont start now
True, but there is alot of money riding on this and they can't afford to have a unsuccessful game after all there devoplement cost.

Honestly from Squareenix's perspective, putting it on both 360 and ps3 would only be good. PS3/360 would capture their respective markets in Japan. Xbox360 isn't doing good in Japan granted but it's doing better and there's mistwalker studio working as 2nd party for the 360 which will draw some jRPG players, a FF would only cap it off(essentially creating a cheaper solution), though I'm sure PS3 FF13 would get more support in Japan. As far as America Xbox360 is firmly rooted in the US and partially in Europe and other regions. To put it out for both 360 & PS3 would be a smart move unless they like to lose money and I assure you they don't, they don't even like to wait for money they want it ASAP. Putting it for both would open it to early PS3 adopters and to the large 360 fan-base without forcing them to buy the other system. To anybody who says "final fantasy is always exclusive" you need to also keep in mind, Final Fantasy 13's budget is a LOT more then any previous FF's as well so it's higher risk. Unless PS3's sales triple by the end of '07 if I were in charge of Square, I would 100% release it for both PS3 and the 360 if not JUST the 360.. yeah I'm crazy but think of the kick back you could talk microsoft into.