By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - GRAN TURISMO PSP Eurogamer Review -- 7/10 (FALL from grace for GT)?!

CGI-Quality said:

Hypocrisy at it's finest, and it's been happening all day too...

I didn't judge any game. I did say that it is an epic failure due to the low review scores, and the hit to the developers reputation that said scores entail.

This, coming on the heels of course, of its high expectations of GT5 being a AAA game, and a system seller.

My personal opinion of the game, or games, has nothing to do with the fact that the critical concensus will probably deem this highly hyped Sony exclusive, a flop.

You may enjoy the game all you want.

I can see how you might have assumed I was calling the game "crap" but I was actually referring to all games, in general, as you can determine by reading my post a little more carefully.

However, I wish you would stop defending it, as if this unfortunate turn of events means nothing. It might be the best game ever, but the reviews suck, and thus, it is marginalized and a flop, and nothing about the games quality and your opinion, or mine, of said quality or lackthereof, can change that little gem of excitement, now can it?

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network

GT isn't GT unless it has the Grafix!

CGI-Quality said:

I'm not defending the game. However, I am calling you out for calling a game bad that you have YET to play...

Oh, you mean because I said:

This is now a company that has made a game that isn't good, and they can NEVER change that.

Ah, I see.

What I said was accurate, and not hipocritical.

I wasn't impling that I had actually played the game.

I was actually referring to the reputation of the games developers in that sentence, and its change due to commonly held belief.

You see, this critical concensus will be used as a measuring stone in future articles outlining developers who have never made a "bad" game.

Like the one posted the other day.

However, because of this turn of events, it is likely that this developer will never appear in such a list again.

Again, my opinion of the game is moot. The general opinion, and public perception is the tipping point here, and that is what I am attempting to convey.

The developer now has a critical flop on their permanent record.

It doesn't matter what I think of the game, and I have no opinion of its quality.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

CGI-Quality said:
@ Zen

And a "flop" would indicate it didn't sell up to or exceed expectations. The damn game isn't out yet, how the heck can it already be a flop?

Well, by your definition maybe.

By mine, a game flops, if most people think(not that they form opinions based off of reviews, more often than personal experience) it sucks. It doesn't matter if said game sells a million copies. If most people think it's crap, then it's a flop, by my definition.

Might be from my gamespot days, but we would take bets on the gamespot review score, and dub the game either a hit or a flop based upon that review score.

I still use that standard to judge entertainment.

For instance:

Xmen Wolverine: Origins was a highly grossing film, with high expectations. However, it was totally panned by critics, and thus, in my mind, was a flop.

That is my reasoning.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Sorry Zen... but youre full of shit.

Around the Network

Zen, can you show me where post people "think it sucks" so far we have 7 reviews for it being a good game and 3 so-so reviews... where are these "most people"

JEDE3 said:
Sorry Zen... but youre full of shit.

Compelling argument sir. I have been bested by a master debater, and at this point in my career, it's unfortunate that I had to meet such a skilled linguist.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

CGI-Quality said:

Your first sentence has problems, "everybody" doesn't think the game sucks, especially since, ONCE AGAIN, the damn game isn't out yet.

I swear sometimes there's like no reasoning with you, you're just bent on HAVING to be right.

Forgive me, I've edited that line. I realize that not every single person will think this game sucks just because of those reviews.

I've changed that to "most people."

By "most people," I mean the average gamer who reads videogame reviews, and judges games based upon them. Certainly that must be a large majority of the people on this forum, and of that entire market segment.

Actully, "most people" in the world, probably don't even know the game exists.

Excuse me for my backwoods colloquilisms.

What pharse would you sugest?

NO NO, NO NO NO.

CGI-Quality said:
JEDE3 said:
Zen, can you show me where post people "think it sucks" so far we have 7 reviews for the game and 3 so-so reviews... where are these "most people"

A couple of sites have gave it a 9 and 96%. Let me guess, they think it sucks too...?

I wouldn't know what they think. I'm the wrong person to ask. I'm good CGI, but not psychic.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Can't we all just be friends?

themanwithnoname's law: As an America's sales or NPD thread grows longer, the probabilty of the comment "America = World" [sarcasticly] being made approaches 1.