By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Valkyria Chronicles outsells Blue Dragon

Torillian said:
Khuutra said:
Torillian said:

@Khuutra, considering that when you compare the regions we have data for both and VC is at 430k while Radiant Dawn is at 410k I think it's a fair assumption that VC has sold better. Would be hard to argue that Radiant Dawn did better in Others by enough to make up the difference.

Given that the majority of VC's sales were in Japan and Fire Emblem outsold it by 30k in the US, I would argue that no, it is not so cut and dry.

Fire Emblem has more working against its others sales than VC does.  VC released in Others before NA while Fire Emblem released months after.  if you assume that the percentage difference between the Amerca sales of FE and VC was the same for Others (which is probably being generous) far as my math shows VC still wins.

The thing is, we can't assume anything of the sort, therefore it's still an unsure thing unless Brett manages to somehow give us some numbers for Fire Emblem.

Not saying Fire Emblem sold more. Just saying it's not a sure thing.

Around the Network

Well then when are you going to aquiesce? How high does VC have to get before you give up on the idea that Fire Emblem could have sold enough in Others to make up the difference?

Torillian said:
Well then when are you going to aquiesce? How high does VC have to get before you give up on the idea that Fire Emblem could have sold enough in Others to make up the difference?

Hard to say: at the current rate, probably only a few more weeks will go by before there's little doubt left remaining, even given a 10% margin of error in either direction.

It's not a competition, though. If I wanted to, I could stick to "lack of surety" until doomsday, and I would be able to stand by it.

Khuutra said:
Torillian said:

Hard to say: at the current rate, probably only a few more weeks will go by before there's little doubt left remaining, even given a 10% margin of error in either direction.

It's not a competition, though. If I wanted to, I could stick to "lack of surety" until doomsday, and I would be able to stand by it.

well yeah you could stick to lack of surety forever, but then I'd care less and less about your arguments in general since it would become apparent that you don't keep them in the realm of being realistic.  I'm glad you aren't.

Thats good for VC. I hope it can end up with 650 k sold before VC2 comes.

Who's the best Pac, Nas, and Big. Just leave it to that.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Slaughterhouse Is The Sh*t  .... NOW ........ B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Around the Network

Sega made a good game, I'm not surprised. Good job Sega, good job.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence

Great news, but how can you be comparing those 2 games?

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
kowenicki said:
lets face it... they all sold pretty badly.

For a JRPG BD did do crap sorta.

But for VC a game that had a really low budget + a low selling Genre of RPG... it did BETTER then any JRPG in general this gen, so please refrain from thorwin VC in with the bunch since its not quite the failure the rest semi were. (As far as Sales go.)

Lost Odyssey has something to say about that.

themanwithnoname's law: As an America's sales or NPD thread grows longer, the probabilty of the comment "America = World" [sarcasticly] being made approaches 1.

themanwithnoname said:
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
kowenicki said:
lets face it... they all sold pretty badly.

For a JRPG BD did do crap sorta.

But for VC a game that had a really low budget + a low selling Genre of RPG... it did BETTER then any JRPG in general this gen, so please refrain from thorwin VC in with the bunch since its not quite the failure the rest semi were. (As far as Sales go.)

Lost Odyssey has something to say about that.

Furthermore, didn't sega create the "Canvas" engine for this game?  What's the rationale for calling it a low budget game?  Do we have proof of that?

As to the quality, VC is a damn good, and awfully fun game, I could not recommend it higher.  But damn, so was LO, I'd hate having missed one of these games.

BD was designed from the ground up to be a massive new franchise with anime tie-ins and all.

Then it kinda didn't sell, and they were left with an anime that had no audience.

Then they rushed out some half-assed DS game to try and recover the situation and target a new audience, but failed.

Now we are left with, er, nothing.

PSN - hanafuda