By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Event at Sept 16th in London

http://www.gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=96253

This latest bit of info comes from the Super Meat Boy official blog...

It's been a little while since the last update, but that's because we have been busy!! busy making "awesome".

So that "awesome" i mentioned above will actually be playable in London on the 16th for the meat crazed press. For those of you not cool enough to go to the Nintendo press event in London we will be unveiling the 1st footage of Super Meat Boy in video form, shortly after the event.. and maybe even some footage of this so called "level editor" that Tommy doesn't want you to know about.

We will also be announcing the next secret playable character and putting something very special in the meat boy store for the super fans...

Now we have a Nintendo event to look forward to! We'll be keeping our eyes peeled for all sorts of news next week. Well, news that isn't under embargo!

Link

So, I think that if they have something big to announce, it's either now or never.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Around the Network

I don't think they'll announce anything major here, but they could announce maybe one decently-big new game. Most of it will be saved for their October Conference.

Still looking forward to it, though. Thanks for the tip!

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

@Soriku: So they will wait 1 more month before making a move to try and reinvigorate sales as quickly as possible? You really think Nintendo will let Sony getaway with the PS3 Slim launch that easy? If that's the case, then wow.

Besides the October Conference is only important for Japan, last year they only showcased 2 1st party Wii games in the USA, while they showed like 15 1st party games along with a lot of 3rd party games. This event is aimed for the West, so it's either now or never.

Bets with Conegamer:

Fullfilled Prophecies

Maybe they will finally announce some release dates for games that haven't made it to Europe.

If Nintendo announced anything big, it will be at their October conference.

And by big announcement I don't mean games only, I mostly meant something to do with pricecuts or whatever it takes for the Wii to go up in sales again.

Don't people think this is too strange, that they decided to held up an event all of a sudden? This event is unprecedented and comes quickly after a lot of speculation sorrounding the Wii has been going on and after both their competitors have played their strongest cards. They definitely have to do something.

@thekitchensink: Np

Bets with Conegamer:

Fullfilled Prophecies

Around the Network

Great, I hope they announce something that keeps me happy untill October.

Buying in 2015: Captain toad: treasure tracker,

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

@Soriku: So why do they attend to E3, I mean they are still Japanese games. And I'm not talking strictly about games, but maybe announcing some new pricing, or bundling strategy. Even announcing a new game is possible, Nintendo can't let the weeks go by and their sales decrease weekly.

You need to understand they are not in a position where they can sit back and relax, unless they don't care about the projections and don't care that the competition is now actually real competition due to price differences.

Bets with Conegamer:

Fullfilled Prophecies

Waiting is losing, so I don't think they would want to wait a month. If it's a pricing strategy, then it better be implemented as soon as possible. And who knows, maybe this is replacing the October conference? Or it might be an annual event from now on.

Bets with Conegamer:

Fullfilled Prophecies

This is just a small event people. Not a conference or something, why expect announcements?

Anyway, where is this damn event??? I wanna go. :(

See, i think it's the exact opposite. That them hastily reacting could be very damaging to them in the long run. They're not going to hastily price-drop just because the competition has. I mean, sure they're going to be selling more, but is that actually going to have a negative impact on Wii sales? Doubtful. It could be hard to sort out, but the decline of Wii sales is due to Nintendo's own failings, and nothing at all to do with Sony and Microsoft's actions.

Especially Microsoft's. That Elite cut is only going to be good in the very short term. They're not lowering the minimum point of entry, they're not going to see sustained growth from this cut. It's simple.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.