By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Event at Sept 16th in London

I expect one new announcement and a lot of jibber jabber on why they're still king.

360 Games Now Playing   360 Games unopened:  Resonance of Fate  Last 360 Game I Beat: Resident Evil 5

DS Games Now Playing: Dragon Quest VI  DS Games unopened Knights in the Nightmare, Etrian Odyssey III, Okamiden, Dragon Quest IX Last DS Game I beat: Radiant Historia

Wii Games Now Playing  Super Mario Galaxy 2, Arc Rise Fantasia  Wii  Games unopened  Little King's Story, Sonic Colors, Silent Hill Shattered Memories Last Wii Game I beat: Sin & Punishment 2

Around the Network

Perhaps this is just the fall press event falling on a different date than it did last year?

http://www.geek.com/articles/games/nintendo-schedules-press-events-for-mid-september-2006095/

Nearly the same day as the one in 2006... when the Wii's pricing and release day was announced... hmm...

I agree that they should do something sooner rather than later if they want to steal some of the thunder... for now things are looking less happy in  mushroom kingdom.

Smash Bros: 2363-5325-6342 

You people just don't get it. They will not announce anything major in this dinky show.Thier October is to make up for not being at TGS which is the last major show of the year.

I love fighting games !!! Come on challenge me !

Around the Network
Exblackman said:
You people just don't get it. They will not announce anything major in this dinky show.Thier October is to make up for not being at TGS which is the last major show of the year.

Quoting for posterity.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

That will be the last day I'm in London before I move out : (

It's possible they'll announce changes to their pricing, bundles or they'll announce release dates for Europe. I think that's much more likely than any new game announcement.

Perhaps they'll announce a NSMB Wii bundle for Europe? Or black Wii for Europe? Perhaps new DSL/DSi bundles?

European launch details for the Wii were announced at a similar event 3 years ago. In fact it'll be nearly exactly 3 years ago.

This is definitely something. Has anything official been announced yet? This source is from a WiiWare developer's blog I think. Can anybody find any other source for this?

I think it will become something big if they're is more then one event during the same time frame. I.E; NoA, and NoJ having an event the same day/day after.

...Right now it definitely doesn't look like it's open to the public, and not a major event.

The Interweb is about overreaction, this is what makes it great!

...Imagine how boring the interweb would be if everyone thought logically?