By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Fuzzmosis Looks at: Ratchet and Clank Demo

Make it twenty and sold. I'm like that girl in highschool who wouldn't get on her knees for less than a quarter (To pick it up of course).

See Ya George.

"He did not die - He passed Away"

At least following a comedians own jokes makes his death easier.

Around the Network

I played the demo last night and I'm simply speechless XD I don't think I've ever played such a seamless game, I'm not sure if I was just tired and my eyes were too relaxed, but the sharpness and vibrance was almost hurting my eyes LOL. And definately smooth as a baby's behind I'll give you that :D Ummm comming from the other ratchet games, (up your arsenal and deadlocked) I'm very used to the Lock/Strafe setup, I found the targeting to be quite precise.

Oh and as for your complaints with the railing, I agree to disagree ^^ where as they're definately not challenging, I do believe this game is geared at almost ALL audiences, so there will probably be harder segments/difficulty for the more "extreme" player, but in general this game is supposed to be a really fun pick up and play title. So while it really wasn't hard to dodge trains, traffic and or lasers :D I found the background animations and amount happening on screen per second truely awesome :) I found the experience rewarding none the less.

As for the weapons, they gave a pretty basic demo layout :D the penguin bomb was awesome, and they included the "groovatron" for the sake of saying they gave every enemy in that game a dancing animation :P While not a huge stride in gaming by any means, definately cool and thoughtfull, just something that gives the game a little character in my opinion ^^

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

I bet if it was SMG just walking around and talking to the toads without any gameplay at all he would have given it a 10 >_>

mM

Yes Leo. Clearly, you in your 15 years of Wisdom and posts that no one can comprehend, have figured me out entirely. I'm not just a whore(See microsoft comment), but I'm a whore that Nintendo bought out. Thursdays is like when George Bluth hired a girl he thought he was his sister and brought her... well, watch Arrested Development.

I think what bothers me more about Leo-J, is not that he's stupid, is that I was once that ignorant., I too was online at that time. I feel ashamed of that, as I can go back and re-read my amazing 15 year old writings on the internets, and it made me realize what a douche I was as a kid. I see far too much of me in the above posts stupidity, and that makes me sad.

Anyhow, post 1000, and all I do is whine about Leo. I never changed!

Well, I guess I can comment: My friend (Large fan of Ratchet and Clank series + owner of the PS3) assured me that the difficulty will be ramped up, and of that I have no doubt. Although there is one rail part that stands out, just before the boss ship who obligingly doesn't attack you in any difficult pattern or at any speed, there's a rail portion where, while the framerate doesn't slow, the game seemed to make your speed diminish significantly, both times I played/watched it. It was the only hiccup, and it wasn't all that noticeable, but was during a transition, mayhaps to keep the Camera centered on you while it spun.

See Ya George.

"He did not die - He passed Away"

At least following a comedians own jokes makes his death easier.

The "CG" as you put it is all in-engine. Because they only have to worry about rendering, however, they're able to add more gloss in the cinematics. This is the same way the MGS series does it (though I believe all of the Ratchet games on the PS2 used CG for their cinemas).

If you're having trouble with the lock-on aim, learn to strafe. Also, pay attention to the enemies because there's always a lock-on reticule. As far as the manual aim goes... if you really want to, you can play the entire game as a third-person shooter and the aim is as smooth as can be. The controls seemed very tight to me, not average at all.