By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Fuzzmosis Looks at: Ratchet and Clank Demo

Hello, my egotistical ramblings are here:

First off, I wish that title said "Fuzzmosis reviews: Folklore"  but I played that for all of 3  minutes, which even I don't believe is a reasonable  review time. I am however, convinced that the invisible man is always giving you  the finger, and that  when he disappears, he just strips and leers at you. Girl and guy. Also, I know guys who work out a good 10 hours/week who are much less jakked than that editor. Does he read while doing situps? Travel by walking on his hands? Swim the fucking ocean to that city?

Next comment: Warhawk: Geez, I wish they had tested this game with lag first. That or my connection was the problem, but you tend to notice fights like: "Oh look, another ground trooper. Grenade, to the face! Well, it exploded, and he's fine, just mysteriously moved to the left a bit. Well, he just has a pistol, I'll machine gun his face instead. And.... he took no damage. From 31 shots/1 grenade, whereas he was hitting me flawlessly during that strafe fight. Also, why do rockets chase chafe? After a lock on and a fire, the chafe was nowhere near my rocket's tragectory, until it decided to turn away from the Warhawk and aim into the chafe. Is that how chafe actually works, or is that just some random retardation? (Bitter)

Anyhow, Ratchet and Clank, 1.6 gig download, 3 minute install time after that, then about a 20 minute demo. Yes, the CG is better than the in game visuals, but you can't knock the in game visuals whatsoever. Smooth as a baby's behind. You can knock that you can't skip the opening video in the demo, but can skip the other cutscenes. Note, I've never played a previous Ratchet and Clank before, this was popping my mechnical robot buddy cherry.

(Friends Worry): Wow, the Ammo respawns? Well, I hope they don't keep that, or they simplified the game way too much. (/Friends Worry)

And in game, well, having never played a Ratchet and Clank game, I can't say that it's entirely similar or dissimilar. Yes, you level up, for killing, yes, your weapons level up for killing as well. But to me, the gameplay was fun, but just fun, not like get up and cheer fun, but yeah, this is a nice average controlling adventurer. I never experimented with Manual aim, and auto-aim was kinda random. Sometimes, you'd target without having camera view, and sometimes, you'd be shooting a wall until you realize taht in fact, that robot wasn't targeted. I will admit, that since the Camera was more sensative than (censored), I wasn't controlling it like a pro, so that may be me. I will not accept blame when the auto-aim randomly decided that those flying targets it had locked onto seconds ago, it wouldn't do it again until I said please or jumped or paid it 5 bucks. Minor frustrations, repeating for about half the flying enemies.

Anyhow, aside from the "boss" of the demo being a ship that could effotlessly fire all three of it's lasers, but instead helpfully only fires 2 at a time once or twice, thus making it as challenging as playing dodgeball with an amputee, it was enjoyable.

7.5/10. Allegedly, the weapons make the gameplay, and there were 4 of 18 viewable weapons (Well, 18 slots. Maybe if you hit L1/R1 on the menu, they both reveal 8 instead of 5 that you can see), and only 4 usable. One which was the funkatron, aka: I make people dance, when in reality it's much much much much (Repeat 40x) faster to throw a grenade and keep running, one was standard gun, and one was grenades of kill everything in a rather large radius. The more entertaining was the gun that turned fishes into Penguins? But you should feel guilty bludgeoning such a creature to death with a wrench. Potential 9 if the game stays as smooth, and the other weapons add amazing new layers of fun. It's solid, like Halo, but it's nothing new... like Halo. Also, it doesn't have the fanbase... of Halo. Hey, Microsoft mailed me a cheque for 500 bucks. Or, I wish they did.

Weird quirk: There's a freefalling portion of the demo, where you use sixxaxis controls to dodge obsticals. Instead of dodging obsticals that can come from blind spots, you can simply ram into the wall at the top end, where no obsticals are, and take no damage from making Ratchet freefall heatbutt a giant Iron Girder.

Jesus I can talk a lot for just a demo.

See Ya George.

"He did not die - He passed Away"

At least following a comedians own jokes makes his death easier.

Around the Network

Nothing new like Halo X_X What do you mean with this?

That Halo 3 is nothing new or that Halo 3 is something new and R&C isn't :s?

That Halo, while solid, didn't exactly bring much to the table of FPSes. Che Gueverra would not call that a Revolution.

See Ya George.

Lag in Warhawk? I've only experienced lag once, and it was for just a few seconds. I was trying to hit a Warhawk with the rocket launcher from the ground, and it was skipping across the sky, lol. But yeah, other than that, Warhawk has been lag free. The average game of Source skips up more than all my games of Warhawk combined.

About the demo, I've only played it once, and didn't bother analyzing it to quite the extent that you did, but I found it on the whole enjoyable. I agree that the lock-on seemed rather finicky, but I mostly just spammed grenades and used the wrench, so it didn't matter. Also, the graphics were superb.

I played the demo twice and it was 100x better the second time playing it, not only was the camera perfect the second time playing but the aiming and combat was by far better. And this coming from a person that has never played a ratchet game or jak game or anything like this before. I'm also not a fan of the non-inverted controls but it was very easy to get used to. 9.5/10

Around the Network

This series has always been #2 in my book to Jak, and I did not get really gripped by the first, and therfore never played the next 3. After this demo I have found a little more love for R&C. The (L1) over the shoulder shooting is a huge step forward over the random shooting or stationary FPS mode of the first. The real time cut scence look almost as good as some CG stuff I have seen. The controls are fluint and fun, I would go as far as to say Mario and Jak level responsivness. This is a sure buy title for me after the demo, can't wait.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

Hmmm, there's no lag in warhawk.... I have even played in the us servers with 400ms and it's was still playable :P

Unleash The Beast!  

End of 2011 Sales: Wii = 90mil, 360 = 61mil, PS3= 60mil

Yes Squall. I made that entire situation up. Clearly.

Didn't say lag was prevailent, said that was annoying. I also recall a ghost Rocket Launcher, that I picked up, only to not have it in my inventory, so I waited for another to spawn, and.. I couldn't pick it up. I would reckon that would be a dropped packet, my client saying I didn't get it, server saying I did, and server removing the sprite, yet mysteriously registering me... hell, I don't know what happened there.

I also mentioned could have been the connection I was on. But generally, shooting someone in the head for 0 reaction with the machine gun doesn't make you happy.

See Ya George.

finalsquall said:
Hmmm, there's no lag in warhawk.... I have even played in the us servers with 400ms and it's was still playable :P

Sorry, but I'm a bit skeptical of anything you say if you think 400ms is playable in an FPS/TPS.

Shit, that's almost half a fuckin' second. I would log off immediately with that kind of ping.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

rocketpig said:
finalsquall said:

Sorry, but I'm a bit skeptical of anything you say if you think 400ms is playable in an FPS/TPS.

Shit, that's almost half a fuckin' second. I would log off immediately with that kind of ping.

its a matter of the connection speed to server ratio. I connect to local dedicated servers with a ping of 2ms and lag like a crazy but connect to one in California with a ping of 183ms and I dont lag at all. I've connected to Brritish servers with pings of 600ms and never had lag in Battlefield 2. Back then I had a 10mbps connection speed now I have a 15mbps network speed. =]

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453