By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver BLOWOUT on Serebii.net!!

petrojr said:
DONT GET ME WRONG, I LOVE POKEMON AND EVERYTHING; ITS MY FAVORITE GAME FRANCHISE OF ALL TIME. BUT I WORKED MY ASS OFF PLAYING THE GBA AND GCN GAMES TO GET ALL THE POKEMON AND NOW WITH THE RELEASE OF HGSS IT MAKES ME FEEL JIPPED, BECAUSE THIS GAME MAKES GETTING ALL THE POKEMON SO MUCH EASIER THAN WHAT I WENT THROUGH.

IT JUST MAKES ME THINK WHATS THE POINT IF THEY'RE JUST GOING TO MAKE IT MUCH EASIER LATER.

I feel for you.

I played Collosseum and XD: Gale of Darkness just to get specific Pokemon.  I remember going thru Mt. Battle just for a Cyndaquil.

I think this is why I'm not particularly excited for these games.

Pixel Art can be fun.

Around the Network
SmokedHostage said:
petrojr said:
DONT GET ME WRONG, I LOVE POKEMON AND EVERYTHING; ITS MY FAVORITE GAME FRANCHISE OF ALL TIME. BUT I WORKED MY ASS OFF PLAYING THE GBA AND GCN GAMES TO GET ALL THE POKEMON AND NOW WITH THE RELEASE OF HGSS IT MAKES ME FEEL JIPPED, BECAUSE THIS GAME MAKES GETTING ALL THE POKEMON SO MUCH EASIER THAN WHAT I WENT THROUGH.

IT JUST MAKES ME THINK WHATS THE POINT IF THEY'RE JUST GOING TO MAKE IT MUCH EASIER LATER.

I feel for you.

I played Collosseum and XD: Gale of Darkness just to get specific Pokemon.  I remember going thru Mt. Battle just for a Cyndaquil.

I think this is why I'm not particularly excited for these games.

Well that was one of the problems people had with pokemon games; you had to play about 5 or so games just to get a few specific pokemon to complete your collection.  Perhaps this is GameFreak's way of addressing this problem.

SmokedHostage said:
Soleron said:

Wait... Crystal sucks

Compared to Gold/Silver you mean? I don't think so, it had Suicune easily catchable. OK, so it didn't have Mareep.

Soleron said:
SmokedHostage said:
Soleron said:

Wait... Crystal sucks

Compared to Gold/Silver you mean? I don't think so, it had Suicune easily catchable. OK, so it didn't have Mareep.

One word.

Euisine.

@Soriku

Actually you can choose from the Hoenn starters after defeating Red and going to Silph Co.

Pixel Art can be fun.

Soriku said:
So basically you can have like 2 starters?

You can get one of the Kanto starters after obtaining 16 badges and talking to Pro. Oak.

Pixel Art can be fun.

Around the Network
SmokedHostage said:
Soriku said:
So basically you can have like 2 starters?

You can get one of the Kanto starters after obtaining 16 badges and talking to Pro. Oak.

Y-you mean

I could get a Squirtle, too?

Oh sweet Jesus

Soriku said:
Oh, so you can actually have THREE starters? O_o

Hmm...I think I'd choose Chikorita, Squirtle, and Torchic.

Knock yourself out kid..

Pixel Art can be fun.

SmokedHostage said:
V-r0cK said:
Are Gold & Silver the exact same or will they contain a few different pokemon in each, and are the legendary pokemon the same or different in each? Sorry i havent been keeping up to date ><

Pokemon is plural for Pokemon.

Also there will be a handful of Pokemon exclusive to one version.

As far as legendary Pokemon, Kyorge is exclusive to HeartGold and Groudon is exclusive to SoulSilver.  If you can get both(Kyorge from Heartgold and Groudon from SoulSilver), you get the opportunity to capture Rayquaza.

Thanks for the info! ^___^

I like Bacon said:
YES! Latios and Latias! Now I can get all of the legendaries in Diamond because I don't want to try and capture them in Emerald! XD Just 5 to go...

I already have all of those on Platinum/Diamond/Pearl from Emerald (as I can clone).

OK, YES IT DOES SEEM A LITTLE MUCH TO MAKE YOU PLAY 5 OR 6 GAMES TO GET THEM ALL.  BUT THERE ARE 493 DIFFERENT POKEMON!!!  OF COU