By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - New Sonic 2D = Wii HD??

Soriku said:
How are leaderboards a good example of showing which sold more?

Anyway we don't really know either way but the Wii version of MM9 sold 60k first day and 140k first week that not making a 2D Sonic on the Wii wouldn't make sense. Of course, I really doubt this game wwn't appear on the Wii...

Because everyone who has played has to have an internet connection, therefore their score will be on a leaderboard.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network

Damn..a epic rebirth of Classic SONIC was just announced...and all were talkin about is wat console(s) its commin too..

Problem with the idea of Wii HD is that no one has shown a reason why Nintendo should make one, Wii is still the market leader and is still beating its competitors in weekly sales (the current price cut spikes notwithstanding), and Nintendo makes mad profits on their system really the only one of the three, and sells the most software, and its clear that except the graphics whores, most people don't care about HD, why would Nintendo give all that up for a Wii HD, I mean its almost 2010 and Wii has yet to see a price drop and only just recenly had a second color made, there is tons of life left in the little white box, so why would Nintendo do something stupid like release an HD console and sacrifice all their profits?

If someone can give a good reason why Nintendo would release a Wii HD then maybe this discussion wouldn't sound so ridiculous.

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Nintendo should buy Sega, send Miyamoto and team over to put guns to their heads and force them to make GOOD Sonic games.

superchunk said:
I also that it was odd to say its in HD at first since Wii has been their moneymaker this gen. However, just because they say it will be in HD that doesn't mean it will *only* be in HD.

I'm betting we'll see a 480p Wii version while the others get up to 720p versions. Same game, just better visuals (i.e. upscaled) as it will be built on Wii and ported to others.

No, 480p=/= HD

he means a PS3/PC/360 game if its in "HD", unless there is a new wii coming out.

mM
Around the Network

Plus HD in this case means "hot dog".

leo-j said:
superchunk said:
I also that it was odd to say its in HD at first since Wii has been their moneymaker this gen. However, just because they say it will be in HD that doesn't mean it will *only* be in HD.

I'm betting we'll see a 480p Wii version while the others get up to 720p versions. Same game, just better visuals (i.e. upscaled) as it will be built on Wii and ported to others.

No, 480p=/= HD

he means a PS3/PC/360 game if its in "HD", unless there is a new wii coming out.

I didn't mean to imply 480p was HD. I simply mean that he did not say "only" HD, just that it will be in HD (where available), thus given SEGA's recent history with Wii I would expect it to be built on Wii at  480p. Then simply upscaled on PS360 for HD (720p).

Either way, it will be interesting to see what comes of this over the next few months.

Soriku said:
outlawauron said:
Soriku said:

Anyway we don't really know either way but the Wii version of MM9 sold 60k first day and 140k first week that not making a 2D Sonic on the Wii wouldn't make sense. Of course, I really doubt this game wwn't appear on the Wii...

Because everyone who has played has to have an internet connection, therefore their score will be on a leaderboard.

So do the leaderboards show you the total amount of players? And plus are the leaderboards individual or not?

Nope, just the top 10. So what they said still makes no sense.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Well regardless of what he has said/said..
HD = 720p. True HD = 1080p.

The Wii cannot do 720p so.. I'm not sure if it will be on the Wii or not. I don't think they'd say HD if it was. I hope it isn't on the wii honestly.

Soriku said:
outlawauron said:
Soriku said:

So do the leaderboards show you the total amount of players? And plus are the leaderboards individual or not?

I don't know, but some leaderboard do show everyone who has ever played it. I don't know about Mega Man 9 in particular, but I was just making a general comment on leaderboards.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.