By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Oh crud: 15 games done and I only made correct picks on 4 or 5 of them... Oh well, at least I'll still rule the Overall Leaderboard at the end of the NFL Regular Season...

My Wii Friend Code is: 6458-0869-2019-9754

Also, my 3DS Friend Code is: 1891-1193-6272

And my Pokemon White Friend Code is: 2408-6863-8559

PM me with your corresponding code if you Friend me!

Around the Network

*re-reviews playoff predictions, sighs in relief* Upon further review, I'm guaranteed at least 10 points from my playoff picks, and in pretty good position to earn more... My maximum score possible, including my Super Bowl picks, is 29 points... 13 12 points are dependent on the Colts winning the Super Bowl, and the team that will score the least for me is the loser of the Eagles/Cowboys NFC Wild-Card game... And from that much info you could probably guess most of my picks that actually made it into the postseason...

My Wii Friend Code is: 6458-0869-2019-9754

Also, my 3DS Friend Code is: 1891-1193-6272

And my Pokemon White Friend Code is: 2408-6863-8559

PM me with your corresponding code if you Friend me!

My Vikings went 12-4.

We're taking it this year!

Sephiroth357 said:
My Vikings went 12-4.

We're taking it this year!

Taking what?  A nose dive after the 10-1 start?

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Seahawks are the best...

Around the Network

Wildcard Ballot

@

Sat 8:00PM

@

Sat 4:30PM

Win? Win? Win? Win?

@

Sun 4:40PM

@

Sun 1:00PM

Win? Win? Win? Win?

To use this ballot simply click here.  Next, set your cursor into the text box that pops up (ie where you would normally type your reply to the post) and hit CTRL+A to select everything. Then copy/paste that selection into a PM to me. Finally, before sending me the PM update the table to reflect your predictions and write "Wildcard Predictions" in the title of the PM.

PS - The cells marked with "Win?" should be removed/edited to reflect your prediction.  I'll probably accept any other method for which I can distinguish the intent, but all such secondary methods requiring a judgment of intent will be made at my discretion.

To Each Man, Responsibility

Wildcard Ballot

@

@

Win
Win

@

@

Win
Win

Like this? or put predicted scores?

Jboy0990 said:

Wildcard Ballot

@

@

Win
Win

@

@

Win
Win

Like this? or put predicted scores?

This is totally fine. Although you can do predicted scores as well if you'd like to show off, it still shows me who you think will win (it just won't count for anything extra) 

Some interesting stats on this week's games:

Selections Margin
GB @ ARI 4 75%
PHI @ DAL 14 71%
BAL @ NE 15 53%
NYJ @ CIN 18 55%

The selections column shows how many times the two teams were selected to make the playoffs by league members.  The margin shows the percentage of those selections that belong to a single team. 

So for example with GB and ARI they were picked to make the playoffs a combined 4 times, and with the 75% we know that one of them was picked by 3 people and one of them was picked by only 1 person (The margin shown is always the higher of the two team's margins).

Hopefully this information will give you guys a good idea of which games are important to the league this week in terms of most points up for grabs.

I'll also say that of that 12 possible playoff teams there was a 6-way tie for the most correct.  Six people got 8 playoff teams correct, another six got 7 playoff teams correct, and finally one person got only 6 playoff teams correct.

Also, after looking at the number of points still available to our top 3 points earners for the year (ie those in contention for the league championship) it is obvious that this contest is still WIDE open.  The two trailing members have 2 live SB picks while our current leader has 1 live SB pick (these picks are worth 3pts each).  One trailing member has 8 playoff teams, while the other two have 7.  Add into that 2pt playoff games that will be tough to pick and a 4 point superbowl and the 7 points difference between 1st and third suddenly doesn't seem so big (and there are another 4 people within 10pts of first). 

Of course this means we could see a lead blown wide open as well with this many points to be had, but the bottom line is the league is far from over so make sure to get your picks in and don't lose out on any chance to earn the extra point that might win it all.

Wildcard Ballot

@

@

Win Win

@

@

Win Win

My Steelers didn't play up to par this year, and ironically enough, I feel a little more invested in watching the NFC teams during the playoffs this year. 
Some very interesting matchups this Saturday/Sunday for sure!

GETTIN' CHRONOCRUNK