By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Pachter: Wii PRICE CUT to $199 no later than November!!

I think it's reasonable to expect a price drop soon, considering the Wii is the only system that hasn't played the price drop card once yet, while its competitors have done so repeatedly. I don't think any other system has been able to hold the launch price for that long.

Super World Cup Fighter II: Championship 2010 Edition

Around the Network

pachter always get his predictions right. i approve this message.

/sarcasm

Owner of PS1/PSOne , PS2 phat/slim  , PS3 phat/slim , PS Eye+Move and PSP phat/slim/brite/go (Sony)

The Official PS Vita Thread! Get all your latest PS Vita news here! Come join us!

It will make an impact for me.
For less than 200 €, I will take it.

Evan Wells (Uncharted 2): I think the differences that you see between any two games has much more to do with the developer than whether it’s on the Xbox or PS3.

Going by Pachter's track record this means that the Wii will have a price increase to $299.99 by November.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

greenmedic88 said:
If they only take a price cut as an "emergency tactic" that means any price cut is an open admission that the platform has peaked at best or is in a tailspin decline at worst. Looking at the YoY numbers, it's looking like the latter. 

Nintendo knows exactly what happened; and that is it didn't produce momentum sustaining software last holiday season.  As a result, Wii sales are way down year over year.  Nintendo knows this and will be in a better situation because of it.

I'm willing to bet that, even at the same price point, Wii sales next year will eclipse Wii sales this year.  Nintendo is not gonna gamble on games the likes of Wii Music or Animal Crossing again to maintain momentum.

Has a system been down signigificantly one year and then rebounded gracefully the next at the same price point?  I don't know that it has ever happened, but it will.

Around the Network

I really don't see a reason as to why they would drop the price... although I would like a 149$ Wii...

4 ≈ One

Zlejedi said:
Just IMHO but $50 is not going to make that much impact. I think that if they price drop Wii it should go to $150 without Wii Sports.

That makes no sense whatsoever, software sells systems not price

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

dont think so maybe nov. 2010
there not selling badly currently no need to loose profits from $250 price

Play Me

Avinash_Tyagi said:
Zlejedi said:
Just IMHO but $50 is not going to make that much impact. I think that if they price drop Wii it should go to $150 without Wii Sports.

Check PS3 sales this week ?

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

Avinash_Tyagi said:
Zlejedi said:

No, price and brand strength sell systems.  Even systems with relatively lackluster games.