By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Microsoft training BestBuy employees on Linux, lol

Thought this was funny .

Source: http://quaoar.ww7.be/ms_fud_of_the_year/569458-microsoft-attack-linux-retail-level-probably.html

"So I work at Best Buy (insert boos and hisses) and I was doing some Microsoft ExpertZone training.

Well, the new one for Windows 7 allows me to get a $10 retail copy of Windows 7 after completing the courses. So I figured I'd get it and sell it for a quick buck. Now, during my training modules, a "Linux vs Windows 7" module appeared.

Here are screenshots of the lies Microsoft is portraying.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x600.

Okay so this one isn't so bad.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x600.

Again, this one isn't so bad either.

Okay so here's where it starts getting bad.

No iPod support? Really? And the Zune doesn't work on the Mac either although there has been some progress from the Linux community. And I've never had any problems pulling pictures from cameras.

I've yet to see a printer that doesn't have a driver. You might have to download it from the products website though (gasp!).

Yeah yeah. Software. Although WINE has been vastly improving lately (we even got around that stupid Secu-ROM).

There are free alternatives to all of the Windows Live "essentials".

WOW. Of all the games to mention, they mention World of Warcraft. I wrote a tutorial on how to get WoW running on Linux not to long ago. Its probably the easiest game to set up with in WINE.

Authorized support? Well you have Red Hat and Canonical, oh I guess you can count Novell...

Video chat with Pidgin? Or Skype?

I don't have time to refute the rest, but I'll post the screenies.

__________________"

Around the Network

microsoft never learn, it looks like the like having dirt in their name.

I've just gone back to Microsoft Windows XP from Linux, Linux was starting to do my head in.

But this is pretty bad lol.

highwaystar101 said:
I've just gone back to Microsoft Windows XP from Linux, Linux was starting to do my head in.

But this is pretty bad lol.

Yeah, I use Windows myself, but I just don't understand why MS felt the need to do this when they have so much market share. I just think its funny!

haha, thats a bit arrogant of them isint it?

Around the Network

Everybody uses Windows, why do MS does stuff like this? It´s a very low attitude from MS.

I have both (XP and Ubuntu), but that's pretty funny. the part about updates is gold, Vista has an update every f**** day.

the words above were backed by NUCLEAR WEAPONS!

The last three pics are pure gold.

salaminizer said:

I have both (XP and Ubuntu), but that's pretty funny. the part about updates is gold, Vista has an update every f**** day.

However a Windows update isn't going to screw up your xorg and cause you to mess around in the files via command line while trying to fix it.

Words Of Wisdom said:
salaminizer said:

However a Windows update isn't going to screw up your xorg and cause you to mess around in the files via command line while trying to fix it.

Neither does a Linux update, if you stick to one version of a distribution. How many new versions of Windows that have significant window manager changes have bug-free transitions? (#1 cause of Vista crashes for the first 2 years or so was the Nvidia driver).X.org is going through a lot of changes right now, when things calm down after DRI2, Gallium3D, KMS, and the AMD/Intel rewrites, the breakage will be much less.

If you stick to the open-source drivers you get much less hassle; start installing the proprietary ones and they inevitably break.

Finally, when it does break, you should always get a graphical fallback that asks to reconfigure the X server automatically (I did).