By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Microsoft training BestBuy employees on Linux, lol

You know what's funny about this is that the same people that are criticizing MS for these kind of things are probably the same people that applaud and love Apple for the I'm a Mac and I'm a PC commercials for being clever.

Around the Network
twesterm said:
You know what's funny about this is that the same people that are criticizing MS for these kind of things are probably the same people that applaud and love Apple for the I'm a Mac and I'm a PC commercials.

don't worry, i am anti apple too.

:P

twesterm said:

You know what's funny about this is that the same people that are criticizing MS for these kind of things are probably the same people that applaud and love Apple for the I'm a Mac and I'm a PC commercials for being clever.

I think it's funny that you think that.

The funny parts are the parts about the updates and the security.

Check out my game about moles ^

Xoj said:
Kasz216 said:
alephnull said:
twesterm said:

Again, you are not reading what they are writing.  It's like some people are just so eager to hate anything Microsoft/Windows because it's cool that they just don't pay attention.

They are not saying that no software exists for iPod support, they are saying that there is more software for iPod support on Windows. That is what they are saying.

As for WoW, go ahead and link to the tutorial that you wrote. The fact you had to write a tutorial on how to install a program tells me that I'm right-- installing WoW isn't intuitive.

That is what they mean on the games point-- you don't just insert the disc and press go.

And am I supposed to believe that because your one set of drivers works for your Ubuntu setup works flawlessly and your one set of drivers on Windows doesn't means that is the case for everybody?

I forgot that your one example is enough of a random sampling to constitute everybody.

Unconditional Microsoft love seems as much a vice as unconditional Microsoft hate. It would be one thing to chalk this up to marketing propoganda as usual, but that's not what you are doing.

Please explain to me the way in which linux's mp3 support is limited.

Linux doesn't support every MP3 player.

That should be obvious.  It was obvious as soon as i read it... everything on there is actually true.

it does.

No it doesn't. 

There are MP3 players that are windows only because they require drivers.

Linux only supports MP3 players that load via USB without drivers.

Around the Network
Kasz216 said:

That's certainly not true.

alephnull said:
Kasz216 said:

Linux does not support all MP3 players however.  That is true.

Kasz216 said:
alephnull said:
Kasz216 said:

Linux does not support all MP3 players however.  That is true.

Probably not. Neither is it likely that all MP3 players are supported in any one version of windows either. I would guess that the number of players supported would be greater in Vista (assuming you aren't counting Wine), but honestly I've never come across a player that didn't work in both.

100% of mass storage mp3 players work on linux.
and ipods do too and they require a drivers.

also music players like amarok, banshee support playforsure, mass storage and ipods.

Xoj said:

100% of mass storage mp3 players work on linux.
and ipods do too and they require a drivers.

also music players like amarok, banshee support playforsure, mass storage and ipods.

No... they don't.  They haven't gotten work arounds for all of them yet... and that's also kind of the point.

You need workarounds... rather then it just being compatable as soon as you have a computer.  If you have a Sony MP3 player for example you need to find an obscure java program to bypass it's windows programs.

Flash Media players (still exist) in general are really sketchy on linux with plenty not working and others not exactly having equal functionality as the ones on Windows. (Like the aforementioend Sony models.)

It's gettin better but isn't 100% by anymeans.