By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Am I the only one who thinks FFVII Advent Children is boring?

Advent children was garbage.
No one is advent children fan, they are FF7 fans.

It is a sucessful film tho, since it's main goal was to cash in on FF7 sucess.

I still prefer FF9 as favorite FF.

And I am not very impressive with FF13, I prefer the fantasy/medieval setting of the old ones and FF9 had, the high tech matrix robcop crazy is not my thing.

Around the Network

Because FFVII AC sux compared to FFVII ACC

Most of the guys in the movie looked like hot chicks and it made me question my sexuality.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence
solidpumar said:

And I am not very impressive with FF13, I prefer the fantasy/medieval setting of the old ones and FF9 had, the high tech matrix robcop crazy is not my thing.

this worked both ways

alot of the FFVII fanboys didn't know about the game until they saw AC. remember before AC came out? youtube had very little Final Fantasy Tributes with sad music.

PullusPardus said:
solidpumar said:

this worked both ways

alot of the FFVII fanboys didn't know about the game until they saw AC. remember before AC came out? youtube had very little Final Fantasy Tributes with sad music.

Oh God, that post hurt my head so much.

1. You can't judge the popularity of anything by youTube fan videos.  Emo goth kids are cooler than the people that make those videos and matter nearly four times as much as them.  I would even go as far to rate those people under furry Star Trek fan fiction writers.
  2. I'm thinking you just didn't look hard enough, there were plenty of FFVII tribute videos and they were all bad.
  3. Even if there weren't plenty, it's probably only because they had only so much footage to go on.
  4. Those videos appearing on YouTube doesn't mean they were fans of AC.  It could mean they were fans, but it could also mean they were FFVII fans with access to new emo crap footage.

Around the Network
twesterm said:
PullusPardus said:
solidpumar said:

this worked both ways

Oh God, that post hurt my head so much.

1. You can't judge the popularity of anything by youTube fan videos.  Emo goth kids are cooler than the people that make those videos and matter nearly four times as much as them.  I would even go as far to rate those people under furry Star Trek fan fiction writers.
  2. I'm thinking you just didn't look hard enough, there were plenty of FFVII tribute videos and they were all bad.
  3. Even if there weren't plenty, it's probably only because they had only so much footage to go on.
  4. Those videos appearing on YouTube doesn't mean they were fans of AC.  It could mean they were fans, but it could also mean they were FFVII fans with access to new emo crap footage.

i don't think i mentioned emo kids =s

i only said alot of the fanboys knew about the game when FFAC came out, most are anime fans too.

here is something to get the pain off your head

When I first saw it I thought it was awful, I was expecting a Final Fantasy 7 movie but it was weird. Watching it now I like it more, its not a great movie but it reminds me of the game and the characters and its good to see them together again :D.

I looked at it once when it first came out in Japan. Haven't looked at it since. It looked pretty though.

360 Games Now Playing   360 Games unopened:  Resonance of Fate  Last 360 Game I Beat: Resident Evil 5

DS Games Now Playing: Dragon Quest VI  DS Games unopened Knights in the Nightmare, Etrian Odyssey III, Okamiden, Dragon Quest IX Last DS Game I beat: Radiant Historia

Wii Games Now Playing  Super Mario Galaxy 2, Arc Rise Fantasia  Wii  Games unopened  Little King's Story, Sonic Colors, Silent Hill Shattered Memories Last Wii Game I beat: Sin & Punishment 2

Tifa vs Buff Dude and Cloud vs Sephiroth saved the film. Otherwise, meh.

(Bahamut was uber lame imo, huge disappointment).

Garamond said:
I never watched it because after I saw the Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within I just assumed any movie endeavor from Square would not be something worth viewing.

Actually i think Spirits Within was good movie with acceptable storyline and when it was released the level of animation was mind blowing.

Through even now i have absolutly no idea what it had in common with Final Fantasy :D

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB