By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Sony secured the second place this gen?

Let's take a look at the following FACTS about the PS3 at the moment:

- 150.000 Sales first week in Japan

- 1000 % Increase in sales in UK

- Following the predictions made in the thread of Gilgamesh (In which no-one predicted 150k for Japan), it is likely to see 250.000 + sales in America and Europe, this brings an estimated total of 400.000 units first week.

- The momentum is building up, and with GT5 and alot of other AA/AAA exclusives coming these following months, it's unlikely the momentum will drop.

I know the title is abit to overenthusiastic, but it isn't unlikely.

What are your thoughts about the console sales to come?

EDIT: Vgchartz just reported that the Ps3 Slim sold 500.000 units in the first week, proving alot, if not all, predictions in Gilgamesh's thread wrong.

"In what is probably the most successful console re-launch in history, over half a million PS3 "slims" were sold last week worldwide according to our preliminary data - this represents over a 400% increase week on week (and a number of retailers in the US had already started selling the new model PS3 last week)."

Around the Network

easy there killer a bit early for that talk

I'm not martin luther king. I don't have a dream. I have a plan

Sell a man a fish you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish you just ruined a perfect business opportunity.

We didn't emerge out of the stone age because we ran out of stones. Its time to be proactive not reactive.

I wouldn't say so just yet.

But my god, I think it may be possible.

By end of year we will know.

Don't start this yet. It was only one week. Very impressive sales but just one week. You can start this thread after christmas if PS3 sales are still strong. This thread just becomes battleground for Xbox and PS fans.

Around the Network

It was only one week, with some dam impressive sales. Most succesfull relaunch ever. I think that the sales will probably be double the amount Y.O.Y. till christmas comes. And I think that the Ps3 has a shot at competing with the Wii this christmas.

Not yet, there's still Natal, and u never knw!

Still exciting to know whats gonna happen next!

Yeah, as long as they stop selling 360 consoles the PS3 will easily be second.

Natal won't cause a 400% increase in sales, u can quote me on that.

Yes.

Slimebeast predicts: NPD and remaining PS3 & X360 sales 2009

"NPD USA September will have the PS3 at 390,000 units.

The 5 week month of September will sell between 1.0-1.1 million PS3's worldwide"