By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Sony secured the second place this gen?

To early to tell, i can tell you this much though, there are quite a few of my 360 friends eating crow now on twitter, youtube everywhere! :D

Around the Network

@Seinfeld, relatively the Ps3 is second. It sold more then the 360 in the same time span. Only thing is, it isn't fair to compare that way. It's still to early to say that the Ps3 is going to end second, but it isn't unlikely. I think that the Ps3 will sell atleast two more years then the 360, and that will give it time to close the gap.

I'm expecting 2009 to truly be the year of the PS3 as far as sales go...I'm predicting that by the end of the year, that 8.5 million gap will be reduced by half at least and the PS3 has a very realistic chance at being second this generation.

I just said Natal could help 360 regain momentum(which btw i didnt say it has lost any)

Lets see how the holidays turn out to be

@Stewroids, isn't that amazing with two quarters in which the Ps3 was down Y.O.Y.?

Around the Network

The 360 hasn't lost momentum at all, it's still going at its usual steady rate...the PS3 just has an unbelievable spike in sales. I'm still not fully convinced about NATAL though, not sure if it can have such a huge impact on sales. We'll see though when it comes out.

@Kopstudent, I think that the 360 will/could lose some momentum with the increasing Ps3 sales.

As in every race, whatever the speed you go at does not matter, what matters is the difference between you and the others.

So the PS3 has one or 2 nice weeks.... great for Sony! they are still 8M behind the 360.... (that's 1/3 of the PS3's userbase btw).

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

@Hephaestos, at this rate I can see the gap closing down really fast. A 400% increase first week, is likely to cause a 150-200% increase on normal weeks.

No offence but its really pointless to create this kind of threads. 360 has and 8 million lead for ps3 to gain that it will need to sell atleast 150k more than 360 so its better to wait and see.