By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - What the hell is up with infamous

Maybe InFAMOUS will do the same thing as God of War I / II did with the PS2; won't sell a boat-load at first, but when the game becomes a Greatest Hits + sells at a low price, it may pick up in sales. GoWI/II started out slow, but they gained recognition near the end of the PS2's life plus being sold at a lower price. Hey, it could happen again, who knows...

Around the Network
MontanaHatchet said:
Nobody has really explained why inFamous was a sales disappointment. It had good hype, yes. But it's selling accordingly. It looks like it could easily reach 1.5 million at least, and it will surely make a profit. Again, no good explanations. This must be what it's like to be a Wii fan.

Being a PS3 fan is worse. Wii games that sell 500k are called failures. PS3 exclusives that sell 2.5 million are called failures.

Yes, yes, I understand the concept of development costs, and No More Heroes was successful, and made $5 billion of profit, and Goichi Suda lives in a 10 storey house in Hollywood now.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Kantor said:
MontanaHatchet said:
Nobody has really explained why inFamous was a sales disappointment. It had good hype, yes. But it's selling accordingly. It looks like it could easily reach 1.5 million at least, and it will surely make a profit. Again, no good explanations. This must be what it's like to be a Wii fan.

Being a PS3 fan is worse. Wii games that sell 500k are called failures. PS3 exclusives that sell 2.5 million are called failures.

Yes, yes, I understand the concept of development costs, and No More Heroes was successful, and made $5 billion of profit, and Goichi Suda lives in a 10 storey house in Hollywood now.

Don't forget that he threw a party to celebrate the sales, even though it had barely sold much at all when he threw the party.

Infamous is showing excellent legs, and has sold as much as Prototype 360 version.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
MontanaHatchet said:
Kantor said:
MontanaHatchet said:

Don't forget that he threw a party to celebrate the sales, even though it had barely sold much at all when he threw the party.

Lol, the party was probably a discount stripper in his living room and some budget alcohol.

400k copies at an average of $20 per copy would be $8 million. That would have made a pretty tidy profit, actually. But less profit than LBP...

Around the Network

I think its' sales are okay. It probably lost some sales to Prototype due to their similarity, but like many PS3 titles I suspect it will continue to chug away quietly in the background.

It should get to 1.3 / 1.5 million minimum I'd imagine, if not more. It also stands a chance of seeing a boost assuming both PS3 Slim sales and the holidays.

For the most part the PS3 does not seem to support the huge, first week sales many popular 360 titles see, but on the other hand more PS3 titles seem to show slow but steady legs vs comparable 360 titles. The 360 instead sees amazing legs for a number of core titles that are more or less evergreen on the platform - such as Halo and Gears.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Kantor said:
MontanaHatchet said:
Kantor said:
MontanaHatchet said:

Lol, the party was probably a discount stripper in his living room and some budget alcohol.

400k copies at an average of $20 per copy would be $8 million. That would have made a pretty tidy profit, actually. But less profit than LBP...

What does this have to do with anything?

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

SaviorX said:
Kantor said:
MontanaHatchet said:
Kantor said:
MontanaHatchet said:

Simply that if No More Heroes is a success, LBP is a far greater success.

It's doing fine better then I thought it was going to do...but then again I'm harsh on most sales...

Former something....

Kantor said:
SaviorX said:
Kantor said:
MontanaHatchet said:
Kantor said:
MontanaHatchet said:

Simply that if No More Heroes is a success, LBP is a far greater success.

Why did you mention LBP in the first place? That's like saying, if LBP is a success, Wii Fit is a far greater success. What's the point?

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."