By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - What the hell is up with infamous

mrstickball said:
I'd say Prototype launching alongside it didn't help.

Throw in the fact it was a PS3 exclusive, and that didn't help a ton either. Oh wow, I had no idea that inFamous was re-adjusted. Here, I thought it had outsold Crackdown. Ouch. Bomba.

Amazing that mods can get away with trolling.

Anywho, the game is selling fantastically. It's having really steady sales, and it's well on its way to a million. What more could you want? This game had next to no hype until shortly before release (say, 2 weeks or so), and even then, it wasn't that big. I'd say it's doing great.

Around the Network

It's not doing so great, because the game doesn't look that fun, i bet you if the game was on the wii and was selling the same half the people in this thread would be screaming ''Bomb'', ''Wii is the doomz''

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

Infamous is an amazing game, but it would've sold a lot more if it was multi platform.

MontanaHatchet said:
mrstickball said:

Throw in the fact it was a PS3 exclusive, and that didn't help a ton either. Oh wow, I had no idea that inFamous was re-adjusted. Here, I thought it had outsold Crackdown. Ouch. Bomba.

Anywho, the game is selling fantastically. It's having really steady sales, and it's well on its way to a million. What more could you want? This game had next to no hype until shortly before release (say, 2 weeks or so), and even then, it wasn't that big. I'd say it's doing great.

More amazing, to my mind, that other members of staff feel secure in just pointing it out in front of the rabble and everybody.

To be on topic: the game sold and is selling fine. People who expected 2.5 million out of it, or for it to eclipse Prototype on both systems combined, were being kind of ridiculous.

Prototype sold more?

It would say that Infamous kept Prototype from selling more on the PS3. I had a choice and i choose Infamous.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Around the Network

New IP

But it's got some decent legs, should do 1.5 - 2 million LTD

Brun2003 said:
Kantor said:
Brun2003 said:
Dear god it needs to pass 1 millions it to sell like little big

Did you really think inFamous would sell like LittleBigPlanet? Not only did LittleBigPlanet release in the holiday season, it would appeal to a far larger audience than inFamous. It had more hype than inFamous. More advertising. And it's a better game.

I would just think a at least say mabey 15 20 percent of gta buyers would be like wow sweet games plus a lot of people who have picked up a ps3 since that game came out.  Also on a side note i hope resistance 3 does a lot better than 2

20% of GTA's sales on PS3 would be, by the time GTA stops selling, perhaps 1.3-1.4 million. inFamous will sell that with ease.

As for Resistance 3, if they try and make it like Resistance 2, it doesn't deserve to hit a million. R2 sold way more than it deserved, and I'm glad it will never catch up with RFOM, which is a much better game. If, however, they ignore R2, and go back to RFOM and work with that, keeping it original, hopefully it will sell on the level of RFOM.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

MontanaHatchet said:
mrstickball said:

No HYPE?  Are you kidding?  It was advertise on ESPN on was TNT during the NBA playoffs. 

as my second post points out. It's selling above expectations. Average LT sales expectations 1.3 million. It will certainly pass that... I think a few people should get banned in this thread from their usual rhetoric they spout off about ps3 sales. I don't know how many more games I'm gonna have to provide predictions to to get it through these guys thick skulls.

What's so bad about Infamous?
It will probably get to 1 million units sold by the time the game becomes a Platinum/Greatest Hits title, and that will happen right in the beginning of the holiday season, thus granting a great boost in sells.

I can see Infamous selling up to 1.5 million units, and maybe even 2 mil.

Bet with Dr.A.Peter.Nintendo that Super Mario Galaxy 2 won't sell 15 million copies up to six months after it's release, the winner will get Avatar control for a week and signature control for a month.