By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS3 Version Of FFXIII Downgraded Due To 360

Max, watch the video i posted.

It says everything.

...uhh...ill just put my favorite quote of all time here.

"Welcome to Pain, the second of three...You have dealt the first...now deal with me!!"

Around the Network
Xoj said:
heruamon said:
LOL...hey, why don't you'll jsut boycott the game...teach them a lesson, and don't buy it!

who you do think we have? Wii boycotters? :p

joking aside, boycotting wouldn't get you everywhere, even if managed the game to sell less, square simple would look else where,

they seem to love PSP right now. most of nice games are there

dissidia, crisis core , birth by sleep.

Yep exactly why Kingdom Hearts 358/2, DQIX, DQX, FFCC: MLaaDL, FFCC:MLAK, FFCC: RoF, FFCC: EoT, FFCC:TCB, FFCT, FFIV The After Years, FFIV DS, FFIII DS, and DQ Swords is on the PSP right now.

:p

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

MaxwellGT2000 said:
Carl2291 said:
Ssliasil said:

UP FIRST!!

PS3 EXCLUSIVE SHOT

UP NEXT!!!

MULTIPLATFORM SHOT

Yup

Lightning's arm in the 2nd shot makes me upset

Honestly the first shot looks like the target build and the second shot looks like the actual build and I don't think it would have been any different if it stayed exclusive or not... typically if the first shot was the real "PS3" build then why the hell would they "need" to bump it down?  Second you see the bridge back there? It has two totally different designs which is typical of CGI target build and gameplay real build, come on people.

hmm no its ran on the ps3, it an old build, it was shown before. and it not something out this world, msg4 could do it.

they are 1280x720p pics direct feed, with jaggies and everything.

they was a downgrade.

I'm not buying the PS3 version anymore, due to them downgrading it. I'm just going to buy the 360 one.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence
MaxwellGT2000 said:

Honestly the first shot looks like the target build and the second shot looks like the actual build and I don't think it would have been any different if it stayed exclusive or not... typically if the first shot was the real "PS3" build then why the hell would they "need" to bump it down?  Second you see the bridge back there? It has two totally different designs which is typical of CGI target build and gameplay real build, come on people.

The conspiracy theorists is this thread will tell you that Microsoft is paying Square Enix to downgrade the PS3 version and make it identical to the 360 version. They're beyond hope. You're probably right, though; it's most likely a target render that was never running in-game. The other possibility is that it was running on PC, and they just updated the design of the bridge for whatever reason.

Around the Network

idiots... those pictures are actually older pictures not newer... I thought this was cleared up

Hidalgo said:
Wow!! Did you notice the big change on the water course?? On the bottom-right corner.

I'm more upset that the pink isn't as pink anymore!

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence
Xoj said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
Carl2291 said:
Ssliasil said:

UP FIRST!!

PS3 EXCLUSIVE SHOT

UP NEXT!!!

MULTIPLATFORM SHOT

Yup

hmm no its ran on the ps3, it an old build, it was shown before. and it not something out this world, msg4 could do it.

they was a downgrade.

Hrm just listened to the interview on Gametrailers and he said "the movies take up a lot of space" so if there was any "downgrade" it was that the first shot is CGI that was going to be the cutscene and now it's going to be run on the in game engine so it takes up less space, so I'm still not seeing the "downgrade" here.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

ZenfoldorVGI said:
luvtospooge said:
Well I couldn't care less.

FF13 doesn't even attract me...

That's why FFversus13 and not FF13 is on my radar...I hate multi plat RPG's.

At least you've confirmed that you only like the games because they're exclusive. Most PS3 fans are years away from that startling admission.

couldn't agree anymore.

MaxwellGT2000 said:
Xoj said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
Carl2291 said:
Ssliasil said:

UP FIRST!!

PS3 EXCLUSIVE SHOT

UP NEXT!!!

MULTIPLATFORM SHOT

Yup

they was a downgrade.

Hrm just listened to the interview on Gametrailers and he said "the movies take up a lot of space" so if there was any "downgrade" it was that the first shot is CGI that was going to be the cutscene and now it's going to be run on the in game engine so it takes up less space, so I'm still not seeing the "downgrade" here.

Look at her arm!

They ruined my perfect Lightning and gave me one with a funny arm