By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS3 Version Of FFXIII Downgraded Due To 360

Is there any proof for anything that he says? (such as the roaming thing) Because the screen shots are likely in-game vs rendered. I also don't see why they would take out cut-scenes...

I will say though, I would have liked this game to be exclusive to a single console. (PS3 or 360) It's just a preference of mine to have games made with one console in mind. Although, there is a difference here because the JP PS3 version had them focusing on that version first.

But still, I just like it when a developer can make a game fully optimized to the specs of a single console without worrying about another at some point.

Around the Network
Stats87 said:

Is there any proof for anything that he says? (such as the roaming thing) Because the screen shots are likely in-game vs early pre-rendered running off a PC. I also don't see why they would take out cut-scenes...

I will say though, I would have liked this game to be exclusive to a single console. (PS3 or 360) It's just a preference of mine to have games made with one console in mind. Although, there is a difference here because the JP PS3 version had them focusing on that version first.

But still, I just like it when a developer can make a game fully optimized to the specs of a single console without worrying about another at some point.

take too much space for the 360d dvds. so yes.

yes he mentioned on GC09. =(-

@max

of course its a downgrade.

glorious 1080p cgi vs blockie in game render.

i could be wrong but i remember reading that the "downgraded" pic is a trailer of an old build that was shown behind closed doors like 2 years ago and was released with advent children complete and the top pic is what it WILL look like

Guys, i just found a post that clears it all up

http://forums.gametrailers.com/thread/ffxiii---no--downgrade-/883918#message

The screenshots used by UFF that show this comparison are using old shots from the TGS 2008 Demo that just hadn't been released yet. In the same post, h shows screens from the JP Demo that clearly show the game is much better looking then the "Downgraded" shots.

He points out that in the "downgraded" shots Snow does not have a necklace, whereas he is wearing on in the Demo. Therefore, those shots must be old.

Stats87 said:

The screenshots used by UFF that show this comparison are using old shots from the TGS 2008 Demo that just hadn't been released yet. In the same post, h shows screens from the JP Demo that clearly show the game is much better looking then the "Downgraded" shots.

He points out that in the "downgraded" shots Snow does not have a necklace, whereas he is wearing on in the Demo. Therefore, those shots must be old.

we know that, this about things like japanese voice and HD video being cut.

Around the Network
rafichamp said:
^^if u look at recent screenshots the graphics have been downgraded soo much

If you look at the old screenshots there is no proof that the game was running off the Ps3 in the first place. They were PC renders (the game was designed on PC first then ported to PS3 then Xbox 360) The crappier looking screenshots are the game running on the PS3.

I remember back in the day when Final Fantasy XIII's graphics looked amazing. Now they look above average compared to upcoming games like Heavy Rain, Uncharted 2 and Alan Wake.

Xoj said:
Stats87 said:

Oh...I see...

I'll just let myself out

kiefer23 said:
rafichamp said:

If you look at the old screenshots there is no proof that the game was running off the Ps3 in the first place. They were PC renders (the game was designed on PC first then ported to PS3 then Xbox 360) The crappier looking screenshots are the game running on the PS3.

I remember back in the day when Final Fantasy XIII's graphics looked amazing. Now they look shit compared to upcoming games like Heavy Rain, Uncharted 2 and Alan Wake. This is what happens when you spend way to fucking long developing a game. Instead of making god damn DS remakes they should have put all the Square-Enix staff on Final Fantasy XIII to get it out sooner.

I'm not sure about this, but is there any proof that it wasn't running off of PS3?

And they dont look like shit! Just, not as good as we thought! 

Tell me a JRPG with better graphics!

Stats87 said:
Xoj said:
Stats87 said:

Oh...I see...

I'll just let myself out

no dont , XD not anyone was able to find the source.

but i i think its to early to whine about graphics this game still in development.

but features removed liked japanese voicfe acting , even maps. are not welcome.

Carl2291 said:
kiefer23 said:
rafichamp said:

I remember back in the day when Final Fantasy XIII's graphics looked amazing. Now they look shit compared to upcoming games like Heavy Rain, Uncharted 2 and Alan Wake. This is what happens when you spend way to fucking long developing a game. Instead of making god damn DS remakes they should have put all the Square-Enix staff on Final Fantasy XIII to get it out sooner.

I'm not sure about this, but is there any proof that it wasn't running off of PS3?

And they dont look like shit! Just, not as good as we thought! 

Tell me a JRPG with better graphics!

I just altered my original post after reading this webpage http://forums.gametrailers.com/thread/ffxiii---no--downgrade-/883918#message
THANKS STATS87!

I suggest you read it also Carl. I am now happier with the on-going development of Final Fantasy XIII knowing that the graphics have not actually been degraded. 

The graphics on the latest build look good but are still not as good as the 3 games I already mentioned.

Star Ocean IV looked very nice in some scenario's like on Alternate Earth. The long drawdistances, depth of field and bloom effects were nice. The Calnus (Spaceship) looked awesome in this picture