By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Hardcore: Stop having fun! Games are supposed to be serious!

mesoteto said:
i dont think you guys read the post did you...no just the cartoon

I did. But it doesn't work for me. Relaxation for me is not going to come from playing Wii Sports Resort. It just aint. But thats just me. Others are different. I have always played certain games that have thus far not been done justice by the Wiimote.

But oh look over yonder horizon. Here comes the Classic Controller Pro. Finally an ergonomic controller I will be more than happy to use over the wiimote.

A warrior keeps death on the mind from the moment of their first breath to the moment of their last.

Around the Network
MontanaHatchet said:
The article was fantastic, but comic is pretentious and annoying. Keep the article, ditch the comic. It's only going to serve for people to only read the comic and complain about it.

To some of the people in this thread: Try reading the article!

Yeah, you're right, the comic is gone

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Guys, I think we're all missing the point here. What Professor Shitstorm is trying to say is that us HD owners are bad, bad people.

Also devil worshipers. And fat.

Come on everyone, the cats out of the bag.

Playstation = Play Satan

Xbox 360 = Xbox 3, 666

dharh said:
mesoteto said:

I did. But it doesn't work for me. Relaxation for me is not going to come from playing Wii Sports Resort. It just aint. But thats just me. Others are different. I have always played certain games that have thus far not been done justice by the Wiimote.

But oh look over yonder horizon. Here comes the Classic Controller Pro. Finally an ergonomic controller I will be more than happy to use over the wiimote.

You obviously didn't read the article if you think it has anything to do with the Wiimote the Wiimote isn't even mentioned once

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Im a core gamer, and I dont agree with w.e you posted (I didnt even read it so ha)

mM
Around the Network

MaelStrom should write less.

He says "oh god, you are such a unpolite human being that is disturbes the hell out of me" instead of the simple "piss off"

That's why we should call the socalled hardcore elitist casuals from now on

Avinash_Tyagi said:
dharh said:
mesoteto said:

You obviously didn't read the article if you think it has anything to do with the Wiimote the Wiimote isn't even mentioned once

I brought up the wiimote. The article was about 'casual/fun' games, and i'm saying by virtue of the wiimote I don't enjoy these casual games. Get with the program dude. I was basically saying some people like some types of games and OTHERS like other types of games and it just so happens that the wiimote caters to the types of games I _do not_ enjoy. It doesn't matter if they are 'hard core' or 'casual'.

I bought the Wii for Nintendo's core series (zelda, metroid, mario). Until they release more of these, or until I can get my hands on a classic controller pro, my wii is a dust collector.

A warrior keeps death on the mind from the moment of their first breath to the moment of their last.

dharh said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:
dharh said:
mesoteto said:

I brought up the wiimote. The article was about 'casual/fun' games, and i'm saying by virtue of the wiimote I don't enjoy these casual games. Get with the program dude. I was basically saying some people like some types of games and OTHERS like other types of games and it just so happens that the wiimote caters to the types of games I _do not_ enjoy. It doesn't matter if they are 'hard core' or 'casual'.

I bought the Wii for Nintendo's core series (zelda, metroid, mario). Until they release more of these, or until I can get my hands on a classic controller plus, my wii is a dust collector.

The point of the article is about fun and gaming, not just Wiimote based games, even on a classic, standard gamepad, you would probably not be interested in a game that was not fun, the article isn't about whether the Wiimote makes games fun or not, but rather the importance of fun in gaming.

Avinash_Tyagi said:
dharh said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:
dharh said:
mesoteto said:

I bought the Wii for Nintendo's core series (zelda, metroid, mario). Until they release more of these, or until I can get my hands on a classic controller plus, my wii is a dust collector.

The point of the article is about fun and gaming, not just Wiimote based games, even on a classic, standard gamepad, you would probably not be interested in a game that was not fun, the article isn't about whether the Wiimote makes games fun or not, but rather the importance of fun in gaming.

I know.  If I had disagreed with his entire article I would have line by line disputed his article. But I don't, so I didn't. I merely pointed out the part I did disagree with. Which is part of a larger argument, but did have something to do with his article. Don't let it rile you. I ain't yer enemy.