By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Is Halo 3: ODST Really Worth $60?

We will find out in a few more weeks...

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

Around the Network

Hell yes i pre ordered the limited edition for $100. THe online alone is worth the $60 and the (short) campaign is just an added bonus

I mostly play RTS and Moba style games now adays as well as ALOT of benchmarking. I do play other games however such as the witcher 3 and Crysis 3, and recently Ashes of the Singularity. I love gaming on the cutting edge and refuse to accept any compromises. Proud member of the Glorious PC Gaming Master Race. Long Live SHIO!!!! 

Definitely worth it, and I will be there at midnight to get it.

Its got plenty of content to justify the price!

I just took a peak at the You tube vid of the Campaign Gameplay....I'm exicited and glad I got this fully paid for...

Around the Network

Halo: ODST became much more then a simple expansion pack, otherwise it would have been out by now. Also I think they are just trying to rip-off the American market (or perhaps your stores are doing that) because every major store in my country has it at 40-45 euros which is 3/4 of a regular xbox game's price.

It is for me! I'd buy the new maps anyway ($10). I'd easily pay $20-30 for the campaign. I'll for sure get $10-20 worth out of firefight, based on my gaming habits with friends. And I'd easily pay some money to get in the Reach beta.

Add to that that I got it, a $10 gift card and $5 in free MP3s from Amazon, all for $56, I'm really only paying $41 and no tax.

I have to say I am very comfortable paying that.

Can't we all just get along and play our games in peace?

No, it isnt worth the price of a full game, but then again, neither was Uncharted, or any other game which only has a (short) singleplayer campaign

The FireFight mode alone is well worth the 28 euro's I paid for it.

1. a campaign as big as Halo 3
  2. firefight
  3. all released Halo 3 maps
  4. 3 new maps
  5. Halo Reach multiplayer-Beta

Hell yeah it is worth it.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...