By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Is Halo 3: ODST Really Worth $60?

I wasn't sure about buying it but after seeing the live action trailer is worth it and of course tit has the best multiplayer after all

Official member of the Xbox 360 Squad

Around the Network

considering it's the second best video game ever yes

PS3FTW said:
No. Halo sucks. Everyone who have Halo, sell your Halo games and buy Killzone 2 instead.

just because you can't get halo which is much better than killzone 2 doesn't mean you have to lie

Yeah it worth it.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

DirtyP2002 said:
  1. a campaign as big as Halo 3
  2. firefight
  3. all released Halo 3 maps
  4. 3 new maps
  5. Halo Reach multiplayer-Beta

Hell yeah it is worth it.

Putting it in perspective.. Yes, it is worth it

And besides, buying ODST will save me 20-40$ in map packs. (I forget if map packs are priced at 10 or 20$ a peice)

And don't forget the eventual clan support (which I hope does happen one day)

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Around the Network

lol why is that post still here?

There was a article on Gamestop having Bungie say this is now a 8+ hour game was there not?
8 hours for a FPS is big enough for me.

It's just that simple.

MonstaMack said:
lol why is that post still here?

There was a article on Gamestop having Bungie say this is now a 8+ hour game was there not?
8 hours for a FPS is big enough for me.

So are expansion packs worth the same as full price games?

A great game is worth full price whether It's an expansion pack or not.

I would have gladly paid $50 for Brood War or Lord of Destruction.

Halo 3 ODST will be a great game.

It's just that simple.

MonstaMack said:
A great game is worth full price whether It's an expansion pack or not.

I would have gladly paid $50 for Brood War or Lord of Destruction.

Halo 3 ODST will be a great game.

As much as I loved some expansion packs, I would have felt ripped off if I had to pay full price for them O.o

I guess we have different views then, but in my view I believe that part of the cost of a game is supposed to be used to recuperate the losses encured by the creation of the game, and then some extra money is charged for profit. Therefore an expansion pack, that should be utilizing the resources from the previous game, should cost less than the original product (the cost of making the engine, original models, etc). Willingly charging full price when the cost should be lower simply screams an unreasonable attempt to get profit, than an reasonable attempt to get profit with the original product.

If people are going to pay $60 (such as myself) why bother lowering the price?

If you look at pre-order numbers people don't seem to care If It's $60 or not. Would it have sold more at $40? Probably. Would it justify profit expense? Probably not. MS knows people are going to pay $60 and It's the right decision to make. If it wasn't then they would have kept it at $40.

It's just that simple.