By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - The red rings flashed on my sexbox today!

nightsurge said:
The RROD can be falsely given if your video cable is not connected or setup right, as well as if you don't have the power cord in right or have a power surge.

Your 360 is fine, it was just a false alarm due to the setting being switched accidentally.

It actually displays all 4 parts of the ring red if the visual cable is not configured or inserted properly. This is what the TC is probably getting confused with. The RROD is only 3 red quadrants of the ring.

To TC. Yeah your Sexbox is going to explode! All over your face...

Around the Network

So many sexual references in this thread! And to the above^ I have had a few false RROD's that were 3 quadrants. Caused by when I had an Intercooler Installed and the power cable wasn't in all the way, and caused by the video cable being loose.

Well ive been watching a dvd (battlestar galactica baby!) for nearly two hours now without any problems so hopefully my sexbox is okay and it was just a blip.

hopefully....

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

kiefer23 said:
nightsurge said:
The RROD can be falsely given if your video cable is not connected or setup right, as well as if you don't have the power cord in right or have a power surge.

Your 360 is fine, it was just a false alarm due to the setting being switched accidentally.

It actually displays all 4 parts of the ring red if the visual cable is not configured or inserted properly. This is what the TC is probably getting confused with. The RROD is only 3 red quadrants of the ring.

To TC. Yeah your Sexbox is going to explode! All over your face...

THIS

Happened to me 2 times or so.

-Newcloud- said:
Why do u call it a sexbox it could give people the wrong idea

He finds it sexy.

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

Around the Network

lol your sexbox is diseased, i suggest you dont use at a sexbox anymore.

4 lights your ok..your cables were not put properly...3 lights...and it that sinking feeling...

False alarm, happend to me on many occations aswell. Microsoft really shot themselves in the face (not a reference) with the circle of light. Ofcourse they didn't know PROD would be as frequent as it was but now people freak out whenever they see a redlight.

depends if it was 4 red lights it was the av cable however if it was only 3 u probably have an xbox waiting to die

I mostly play RTS and Moba style games now adays as well as ALOT of benchmarking. I do play other games however such as the witcher 3 and Crysis 3, and recently Ashes of the Singularity. I love gaming on the cutting edge and refuse to accept any compromises. Proud member of the Glorious PC Gaming Master Race. Long Live SHIO!!!! 

Okay so, now it sometimes refuses to acknowledge that there is a disc inside and just freezes on the xbox screen....im getting worried?

Possible reasons?

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot