By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Graphics Whore Showdown Round 4: Uncharted: Drake's Fortune vs Gears of War

Awesome choice. I've never played it, so it didn't realy spring to mind.

I was personaly thinking Mass Effect.

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
Carl2291 said:
Before i go to bed...

@stewroids.
What round is next?
I think it has to involve Res Evil 5, but what game could you put up against it?

Dead Space maybe?

Good call sir, Dead Space it is!

Nice, cant wait for that round.

Now... i am definately going

Uncharted. It looks much better than even gears 2.

inverted3reality said:

wut.

Around the Network

why are we doing this.
the results in the end will be killzone 2, or crysis.

indodude said:
inverted3reality said:

wut.

When you compare the games side by side, then yes, Uncharted looks better...but the scope of Gears 2 is too hard to overcome and IMO, it is easily much better looking than Uncharted.

Nah, gears 2 is unreal engine. Suffers from really bad pop in, poor texture quality, the "plastic" effect, and the narrow hallway effect. Though it does appear to look more dramatic due to smoke and mirrors, the engine is no where near as good technology wise. Uncharted is known as Texturezilla for a reason.

inverted3reality said:
Nah, gears 2 is unreal engine. Suffers from really bad pop in, poor texture quality, the "plastic" effect, and the narrow hallway effect. Though it does appear to look more dramatic due to smoke and mirrors, the engine is no where near as good technology wise. Uncharted is known as Texturezilla for a reason.

Uncharted suffers from pop-in and the "plastic" effect, too. Probably even more so.

Gears 2 > Uncharted > Gears 1.

Uncharted