By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Graphics Whore Showdown Round 4: Uncharted: Drake's Fortune vs Gears of War

These two games have been compared so many times for 2 reasons: (1) The gameplay is very similar in both games and (2) Both games at one point wore the crown of being the best looking game on their respective console. Instead of including screenshots this time, I'm attaching a video in my OP to compare both games.

http://www.gametrailers.com/user-movie/uncharted-vs-gears-comarison/221828

Results

Uncharted easily wins this round 42-5...although I think Gears of War deserves more credit than it got in this thread, Uncharted is still the clear winner.

Around the Network

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune

Easily.
100%

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune no doubt.

They (I don't really remember who) were even comparing Uncharted with Gears of War 2...

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune.

I cant wait for Uncharted 2 to release, then we can have U2 vs everything ever made

Around the Network

Uncharted wins. The textures were amazing at the time. Uncharted 2 blows it out of the water graphically, which shows how far we've come in a mere 2 years.

uncharted

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

I vote for Uncharted as well but it's not that easy of a decision. Don't forget, Gears has 50+ enemies on the screen at the same time and it still runs smoothly. But still, Uncharted wins for me as well.

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune. I would make the comparison with GoW2 and, of course, GoW2 wins by little.

Before i go to bed...

@stewroids.
What round is next?
I think it has to involve Res Evil 5, but what game could you put up against it?