By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - North American Union - WTF (now with Work Safe Title)

OriGin said:

Has anyone heard about this totalitarian regime that Bush is pushing forward? Called the North American Union. So many errors.

In this it states that Canada, the USA and Mexico are all operating as a single entity and that a new government and political system is going to be introduced? Who told you that?

Did you know that american citizens don't actually have any law that states that they must pay taxes? 16th amendment. You don't have to file your tax return. False You can't be forced to do so by law, the Income Tax system is a farce. False

If people don't believe me, then that's fine and I'm sure I'll cop it, but I refer everyone to a Google documentary called 'ZEITGEIST'.

This thread is retarded.

Firstly, yeah maybe one day in 50 years we will have an "Amero" or whatever in the North American continent, but not likely. POSSIBLY with Canada, but Mexico is way too poor, unindustrialized, and polluted for us to have the same fiscal policies as them. I see an electric border fence as a much more likely option than a single-currency with Mexico.
   Secondly, we already HAVE a NAFTA super-corridor. It is called the I-35 corridor. I live 2 miles from it (Austin, TX). It is only 250 feet wide at its widest points (4 lanes on each side), according to Google Maps. That is LESS than 100 yards. Obviously it is already wide enough unless you think a bigger road will all-of-the-sudden increase the demand for produce and products from Mexico tenfold??? Here's a little snippet from the NASCO site:
"There are no plans to build a new NAFTA Superhighway - it exists today as I-35. "

And for the guy who said Mexican GDP is #14 in the world: you are correct, but that is only Nominal GDP. In GDP per capita (per person), Mexico ranks pretty low, #54 ($8,066 per person). For reference, the USA ranks #8 ($44,180 per person) and Canada ranks #14 ($38,951 per person). So would Canada and the USA really want to join up with Mexico for economic policy? You be the judge.

As far as your tax ideas go, here are the facts:
1. You have to file your income taxes (if you have income)
2. If you don't file your income taxes, here are some things you should know (From http://public.findlaw.com/taxes/pay-taxes/le10_dthings.html):

-Knowing failure to file a return can be a criminal violation of the law.
-It is not the policy of the IRS to prosecute ordinary people who make simple mistakes or whose returns were lost in the mail.
-The IRS, although it reserves the right to do so, will probably not recommend prosecution for failing to pay your taxes so long as you voluntarily come forward before they contact you and arrange to pay what you owe.
-If you cooperate, you are less likely to be prosecuted.
-If you derive your income from illegal sources, it is more likely that the IRS will recommend prosecution.
-The more blatantly fraudulent your behavior has been, the more likely the IRS is to prosecute you. For example, you would likely be prosecuted for failing to file returns year after year, despite repeated contacts by the IRS.
-In order to convict you of a tax crime, the IRS does not have to prove the exact amount you owe.
-The IRS has a general policy of not enforcing the filing of returns older than six years.
-The IRS can collect taxes, interest, and penalties for all of the taxes you have owed over the years.
-The IRS has programs in place to identify nonfilers.
-The filing of a return starts the audit and collection time limits.
-If you do owe taxes, you can probably work out an installment plan to pay off your debt.
-You may be able to negotiate a settlement with the IRS, depending on your ability to pay, that will significantly diminish your overall tax debt.
-The IRS may owe you money.
-If you go to a tax professional, you will probably not have to deal directly with the IRS.
-A tax professional should be able to obtain your past W-2s, 1099s, and 1098s from the IRS if you no longer have them.
-The IRS may accept reasonable estimates of charitable contributions, medical expenses, and other deductions.
-Depending on how complicated your situation and how good your record keeping is, the entire process of clearing up your nonfiling status could take as little as a few weeks.

Those are just legal facts, guys, sorry.

Here is the list of consitutional arguments against the 16th amendment/other tax laws. Basically explains how every case is shot down by the courts, and the guy who files it usually has to pay Double Taxes + Big Court Fee for "absurdity":
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tax_protester_constitutional_arguments

So give that a quick look-see if you plan on "takin it to the streets/courts/man/whatever"... LOL.

Around the Network

Oh phew, Origin is from Australia.

I thought he was one of those tax-dodgers at first hehe.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

makingmusic476 said:
Erik Aston said:
Honestly though, I think 9/11 happened just because America is the "big dog" in the room. Not because of any of our foriegn policys.

Kasz... In physics they say "each action has an equal and opposite reaction." Buddhists call it karma, Christians call it sowing and reaping. It's the implication of the Golden rule that what you do to others WILL be done back to you. And the CIA calls it blowback. The unintended consequences of our aggressive foreign policy is aggression back towards us. 9/11 (and Iran's nuke program, etc) was not because we're the "big dog," but because we keep biting all the other dogs.

Isn't Iran's nuke program aimed primarily at Israel?

Its probably aimed at squeezing concessions out of the west, just like North Koreas.

The closer you get to nukes the more the west will pay you to get further away from nukes. 

Would Israel exist without American foreign policy? It was established illegitimately with the help of Britain and the UN and maintained by endless hundreds of billions of dollars of American foreign aid. What business does Britain or the UN have partitioning Palestine? And how is it in the best interest of the American people to give so much money to Israel?

Who knows what the world would be like if America never started taking an inexplicable interest in Israel? I can tell you one thing that would be better: US-Middle East relations.

"[Our former customers] are unable to find software which they WANT to play."
"The way to solve this problem lies in how to communicate what kind of games [they CAN play]."

Satoru Iwata, Nintendo President. Only slightly paraphrased.

origin- yea the Zeitgeist movie is very powerful. Says a lot. I think it's biggest knock really was the religion part. Pretty much obliterates organized religion. But the ones about the governement and all that is scary really ya know. Cause it all makes a lot of sense when adding up the fact.

We just got to fight for our freedoms just like our fore fathers did to make this country. Never back down.

Around the Network
Erik Aston said:
Would Israel exist without American foreign policy? It was established illegitimately with the help of Britain and the UN and maintained by endless hundreds of billions of dollars of American foreign aid. What business does Britain or the UN have partitioning Palestine? And how is it in the best interest of the American people to give so much money to Israel?

Who knows what the world would be like if America never started taking an inexplicable interest in Israel? I can tell you one thing that would be better: US-Middle East relations.

[emphasis added]

How much aid has the USA really given to Israel?  I don't know but I doubt that it is as much as you say.  And we have given aid to the rest of the region as well.  

As for how good our relations with the Middle East would be, that is impossible to say, but people would still be fighting over oil even if they weren't fighting over Jews.  Probably it would be Arab vs. Arab or Arab vs. Persian (Iran) instead of Arab & Persian vs. Jew, and that might be even messier than what exists now.  

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Zucas said:
origin- yea the Zeitgeist movie is very powerful. Says a lot. I think it's biggest knock really was the religion part. Pretty much obliterates organized religion. But the ones about the governement and all that is scary really ya know. Cause it all makes a lot of sense when adding up the fact.

We just got to fight for our freedoms just like our fore fathers did to make this country. Never back down.

Zucas. You can attack organized religion without resorting to that "documentary". Half the stuff it says is just made up.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

oh my god... so much crap in this thread... if not for the intermittent posts that actually makes sense i would have poked my eyes out by now.

the Wii is an epidemic.

Final-Fan said:
Erik Aston said:
Would Israel exist without American foreign policy? It was established illegitimately with the help of Britain and the UN and maintained by endless hundreds of billions of dollars of American foreign aid. What business does Britain or the UN have partitioning Palestine? And how is it in the best interest of the American people to give so much money to Israel?

[emphasis added]

How much aid has the USA really given to Israel? I don't know but I doubt that it is as much as you say. And we have given aid to the rest of the region as well.

As for how good our relations with the Middle East would be, that is impossible to say, but people would still be fighting over oil even if they weren't fighting over Jews. Probably it would be Arab vs. Arab or Arab vs. Persian (Iran) instead of Arab & Persian vs. Jew, and that might be even messier than what exists now.

google it up.  for dramatic effects, you should find out for yourself just how much the US foots the bill.

the Wii is an epidemic.

@ the OP -- I would ROFL if it wasn't so sad that people believe it. The North American Union is a paranoid fantasy, not least since it would REQUIRE an Amendment and/or State-adding, which requires levels of Congressional and State approval which will not exactly happen in secret.

I would agree, however, that a major goal of the Bush administration -- and one it is well on its way to achieving, and has already partially achieved -- is to give the government totalitarian powers

@ certain others -- liberals controlling the media is even better. The media hasn't been so cowed and compliant to any other White House administration since, well, ever. And Fox News is practically an extension of the White House PR machine. (This has allowed it to pursue the goal I stated above without much public outcry.)

"Left of Fox" does not mean liberal by any stretch of the imagination. The level of whitewashing Fox has given the Bush administration's misdeeds is certainly a violation of the public trust. I personally think that senior members of the Bush administration, probably including Cheney and Bush, are actually guilty of felonious criminal acts.  [edit:  not treason]

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom!