By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which Final Fantasy made you a fan?

FFVII, my first Final Fantasy. The setting just felt right, at the time I was more into Sci-Fi than Fantasy so it all just clicked. None of the others have had that feel to them since though, although I've enjoyed them all.

Around the Network

Final Fantasy VIII, after finishing that one I set out to play the rest of them. Which I still havent finished doing

4 when it was 2 for SNES.

final fantasy 8

i'd say, FFIX... but, i played all the FF's but 8

PLAYSTATION®2 is the yesterday.....NOW.......still......A_L_I_V_E

Consoles own:

Nintendo: Famicom(japanese NES, Family Computer), GBC, GBA, DS, Wii

Sony: PS1, PS2, PSP, PS3

Microsoft: future 360 owner

MyBrute

Around the Network
zordiark said:
i'd say, FFIX... but, i played all the FF's but 8

Ah bro, that's my favorite FF, and what I think is the original and deceptively deep jrpg battle system I've played.

...I hated it on my first playthrough.

On my second, it became my favorite jrpg.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

I was only 8 when I played FFVII.... but FFXI really got me hooked into the series.

Final Fantasy IX for me. I love the story and the characters. It's definitely one of my favorite games.

My blog: TsalagiDragon on Wordpress

My online store: Tsalagi Dreams 

My Twitter: @Scary4Eva

FF VI is still by far the best Final Fantasy game...With FF X coming in close...Now...Which game made me a Fan...Final Fantasy Tactics hands down!!
No FF ever has had such WIN! Only FFX has a close enough story to to even be considered...And the battle system...Gawd!

Final Fantasy IV. I was only 5 years old when I played it too. I had a snes with about 30 games from it that were bought before I was even born(My mom bought it because she loved 2d marios, she also got other games from family members and some she even bought, but all she really played was Mario. She plays them much better than I do btw. She teaches me new secrets all the time. :0 She was absolutely delighted when she seen the video for NSMBWii with it's multiplayer. Wii Sports, and Wii Fit don't interest here, but good old mario does.)

So it was one of the first games I've ever played. I could barely understand the story(not knowing how to read too much), but I remember thinking that it was like Pokemon(got into Pokemon early too.), but harder. After that I was hooked, and got VI, then later got a PS just for VII which came out a year earlier. My favorite in the series is VI btw.