By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Do You Think Capcom is Happy With Monster Hunter Tri Sales?

Did it not have one of the best if not best 3rd party 1st week sales for any Wii game ever in Japan...You can't be upset with that!!

Around the Network

Yes they are happy. The game already outsold Monster Hunter 2 on the PS2 which only sold 0.63 million in its lifetime. And that was on SONY'S console.

NINTENDO

nintendo forever . . .

Of course, it is the best 3rd party game sold on console in Japan, and also the Monster Hunter with biggest sales for a console in Japan.

Every big game launched has a very good first week, and after that, sales start declining heavily, not only happens to Monster Hunter Tri, look at Metal Gear Solid 4 as an example.

rapsuperstar31 said:
Did it not have one of the best if not best 3rd party 1st week sales for any Wii game ever in Japan...You can't be upset with that!!

Ohh you should only know...guess you haven't been on this site long

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

It bombed!!!! It didn't sell anywhere near the PSP monster hunters. That is what Capcom gets for going to Wii. On a more serious note, the sales are just in line with predictions of most. Definitely not something that is getting the attention that it should be getting.

Around the Network

Would have sold better on the PS3... lol I'm kidding, but they've shipped a million, it's doing well for a console MH game, most of the fanbase is on the handhelds, maybe if another MH game comes along on Wii it might push more fans to pick up a Wii and the game.

MHF on PSP did alright compared to MHF2 but that's what kick started things for the handheld. Maybe we'll see a similar trend with the Wii games.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

It has only been sold in Japan so far.

i don't think they are, but they're rather happy that people are paying Fees to play their game online, thats what gives them the most money

Kasz216 said:
Stefan.De.Machtige said:
I remember reading that Capcom expected a million sales for Japan and another million for the west.

MH3 will likely reach one million in Japan before 2010. And great legs could pull it to 1.5 million in japan.

Capcom will be happy with its sales. They should be happy with now.

It reached 1 million in Japan already.

Capcom afterall goes by shipped.

MH3 shipped over 1 million units at laucnh.  The exact number and breakdown however has yet to be released.

1 Million in the West... that would be the uphill battle.  I think it'd need the 1.5 to hit 2 million.  Which is why the legs will matter.

Oh yeah, i forgot they shipped a million already.

Capcom really thinks they can sell a million in the west. They must b ewilling to employ any means to do so. Maybe they can succeed. In anyway, the game itself looks like lots of fun.

If they make the online with fees, then they can forget one million. You just can't do that with a new audience.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

I don't know. I'll have to ask Capcom myself when they stop rolling in all the money they've made off of the first shipment.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"